Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm geting ready to "outgrow" my Volquartsen Ruger. My decision is mainly based on the fact that the trigger just "rolls" to much and breaks at 2.4#. I'd really like to get a gun with a trigger that can be adjusted to single stage and well under 2#. Can a mod 41 accomplish this or do i need to go right up to a Pardinni/Walther?

·
Registered
1,957 Posts
Wee,
If by "adjusted" you mean screws or spring settings that are built into the trigger mechanism - the answer is no! Most every american built target capable gun is adjustable with user controls down to about 2 lbs which is the NRA minimum for bullseye competition. Having said that, most every american .22 target gun (High Standard, Smith 41 and Rugers including your Volquartsen) can have a 1.5 pound safe crisp trigger with some stoning of the sear and hammer and spring modification or changing. This is best left to someone who knows what they are doing. Unfortunately most commercial smiths won't perform the modifications for liability reasons.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Wee Hooker, just some info on Model 41 trigger adjustments to help you decide on your new gun. Go to www.smith-wessonforum.com/ubb/Forum12/HTML/000324.html for a question on trigger adj and a very informative answer on how to do it. Both of my 41's have excellent triggers that break clean and crisp at 2-3.5#. It is my opinion(worth a lot) that the break is more important than the actual weight.

·
Registered
3,099 Posts
Sorry,
I don't know what you'd define as "well under 2 lbs", but I'd think frame surge would limit just how lite you could safely go with trigger pull weight.
Take care,
warren

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.