Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. Justed picked up my new (to me) mod 1. Got it from J&G, its in nice used shape. 97% on blue and only minor dings in the stock. However the bolt came without the ejectors and spring, but the retainer clip was still there. Any of you had this happen? One note of interest, I have a Norinco copy of this gun. The bolt and mag are iterchangable. Only the stock, rear site mount, and quality of finnish are different. I haven't checked for Norinco trigger ajustment (its a bit heavy). Anyway the mod 1 just feals like it will shoot tight.
MJR

·
Registered
715 Posts
i have one which i cobbled and built a 17 swager with. it was a great sporter and very accurate when i had the model 1 barrel on it. I consider it one of the premiere actions to build a custom sporter on and would use one over a remington 500 series, ruger 77/22, marlin or current production CZ action (although it is a close second) any day of the week.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Year of Manufacture

Hi all, mine also shoots sub 1/2 inch groups at 50M. THe model #1 is a beautiful rifle and displays the quality of manufacture present at the time mine was produced. (1952) The model #1 action, if you can find one, is often the basis for benchrest target rifles down here in OZ. I especially like the 5/8 dovetail for scope mounting.

Have fun with yours, I know you will and NEVER get rid of it!! You will regret it if you do!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Model #1 mania

I have a Brno CZ Mod #1 which I used as a child and since inherited from my Father. It was made in 1951 and my Father purchased it new in 1952. It shoots beautifully and I sharpened my sighting eye using this rifle from 7 years of age until present day. Brnos as the are called here in Oz have been very popular bolt action .22 rifles since they began importing them here after WW2. I also own a Mod 2 from 1982 which is also excellent. The Mod 1 has a squared off ejection opening where my Mod 2 has an oval opening and is a matt finished receiver. The Mod 1 has 5/8 dovetail for scope mounts and the Mod 2 is 3/8.
Anyway they aree excellent rifles and can be tuned to be very competetive at moderate cost. :D :t

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.