Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

MKII clip questions

280 Views 3 Replies 2 Participants Last post by  22_plinker
I bought a new MKII Target last month and I love it. I have posted some pictures for the group to see: http://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=95701 I have shot it a lot and have already cleaned it. I noticed while loading the clips that one is nice and smooth when I push the spring down and the other is somewhat gritty and resists a little. Is there a way to make them both smooth? I figure everyone will say to clean them both but I don't know that it would do much good without taking them apart and since I am prone to breaking things I am not in a hurry to try that.

I would also like to hear feedback about mounting a scope. Although this is a new gun it is an older model and I feel somewhat unique in that it is a 5.5 slab barrel and I don't want to take away from it's value. Thanks in advance for any input. :t
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
5,438 Posts

· Registered
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
AK said:
Here is a scope mount that doesn't require drilling and tapping your gun.

www.rimfiresports.com/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=RSC&Product_Code=RM2SM&Category_Code=VC2

I haven't taken my mags apart but maybe you have some rough spots on the follower or in the mag itself.

That's a nice looking pistol you have there.
Thanks AK, Actually mine is already drilled and tapped and came with a Ruger mount. I am just afraid that if I put it on the gun the rail will dig into the top of the gun.

· Registered
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well I finally got brave and took the gritty clip apart and sure enough it had all kinds of stuff in it which I cleaned out. I don't understand how one can get so nasty inside while the other one seems fine, I usually alternate between the two when I shoot. I also noticed that the one I took apart was really rough where the thumb button slides down, there were actually little nicks in it. This made me think that this clip was somewhat defective, not enough to prevent it from working (yet) but still enough to make it hard to load. Thanks for any input on the matter. I am still a novice when it comes to a lot of this and look to more experienced shooters for advice. :comeandge

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.