Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did quite a bit of reading on rim fire .22 pistols and while doing so came across a lot of negative remarks on how difficult the MK series where to assemble. So much so I was real close to not buying one. Even the sales person at a local store told me how hard it was and that he would not attempt to take one apart. My brother in law has a MK1 and he refuses to field strip it for cleaning.

Being I am just a touch of a hard head I figured I could be up for the challenge so I went and bought myself a MK3 target. Taking it apart for the first time was a cake walk. Putting it back together was a tad bit harder than I thought it would be. Not so much because the directions weren't of good quality but because the darn thing was so tight.

After just a few times I can take it a part and put it back together with out the instructions and with out difficulty. All I can say is I am glad, real glad :) I didn't listen to all the hype. The pistol is a wonderful shooter and quit the machine.

Another happy MK3 owner here.

Rick

·
Registered
10,972 Posts
Glad you like it, they are great pistols and your right about the dis assembly and reassembly not hard at all.:t

·
Registered
2,588 Posts
I had to lock mine up, not once..but twice, so tight I thought it would never come apart again before I finally admitted the people who built it, and literally wrote the book on it, probably knew more than I did. Once I started following the directions, no more trouble. :bthumb:

Geee. Follow the directions. Who'da thunk it? :D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.