Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
I ordered the Clark trigger and the VQ sear, along with the John McCaw reduced power springs for my Mk-II. I was very disappointed with the apparent quality of the trigger as it was recieved from Clark. The trigger has small bumps all over it, they have the appearance of welding slag, however will not scrape off. I placed the trigger in my parts bin and will NOT be using this poorly made piece of crap. I have had good experiences with Clark in the past, but cannot believe that a part this bad made it all the way to the mail room at Clark! Oh-Well...

I used the stock trigger and drilled it for a pre-travel screw. The gun was assembled with the exception of the Reduced Power Springs as they have not come in the mail yet. The trigger, adjusted for pre and over travel along with the VQ sear is not bad, but not as crisp as I would like it. Perhaps a little polishing of the stock hammer is all that is needed.

Any thoughts to share from those of you who have done this trigger fix in the past?

Thanks,
Jim

·
Registered
78 Posts
I just installed a Clark trigger in mine. I bought my Clark trigger form Brownell's and didn't have the bumps you were talking about. I will admit the coating quality was not as good as I would like but for $18 bucks, no big deal. The hole for the pivot pin is more precise then the stock one and wobbles much less. I drilled the trigger for pre-travel adjustments just as I did for the stock one. The Clark has a little more material and the set screw doesn't need to protrude as far. You'll find that out for yourself since each gun is a bit different. In addition, I polished the bullet ramp, bolt, and everything else that rubs together. I don't recomend this without a jig but I stoned my sear and hammer ever so lightly. I also put a very small amount of Brownell's Action Lub on the sear and hammer. After about 6 attempts to get the pretravel set right :mad:, it's much better. I don't think I could go back and shoot a stock one. My groups tightened up too! I enjoy shooting my compition MKII more than my S&W 41 and trailside comp. scottd

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.