Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,
Any ever own/shoot a Mk. IIFVT? This is a synthetic stock bull barrel with factory peep sights. A search for FVT came up with zero posts. Thinking of getting one for my wife. Thanks, Kevin

·
Registered
989 Posts
I was hoping to check out one of those today, yet none of the local shops carry one. The action should shoot as good as my BTVS, and hopefully close to my Winchester 52.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Picked up the rifle today and three extra mags. Took it home, cleaned it up and tied a bow around the barrel before leaving it on the bed for the Mrs. to find. She thought it was my rifle and did she light up when I told her it was a gift from me to her. Going to the range tomorrow to break it in and a silhouette match with the family on Sunday.

·
Premium Member
4,681 Posts
Target Talk: Savage MKII FVT

TargetTalk Forum Index -> Youth Shooting Programs
Beginner Smallbore Rifles

Question about CM-2 accuracy vs. others: Vintage Entry Level Target Rifles or CM-2
in the meantime, shoot what you can realistically afford.
Can you temporarily settle for accurate, rather than super accurate.
Savage MARK II-FVT with Peep Sights and AccuTrigger
Bull Barrel, Peep Sights, Adjustable Trigger, 5-shot Repeater, Synthetic Stock
GunsAmerica: LISTING NUMBER 976882623

I think your wife will be happy with her new rifle.
But, she might be happier with an aftermarket stock.

Match/Target Rimfire Stock - Rimfire Stocks

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
My family spent father's day at a silhouette match. My wife took her FVT and did pretty well in club class.

Saturday we went to the local range to get her acquainted with the rifle and figure out sight settings for 40, 50, 60, 80, 100 meters. The rifle needs a few mods to fit her a bit better and the synthetic (A.K.A. injection molded plastic) stock is not all that great. Okay, to be blunt, it sucks . The thing shoots fine and when she has a proper fit I'm sure she will do much better. I ended up making a plywood butt plate with more drop and attached it using the factory screws.

Time to restock the barreled action with a custom fit wooden version. If I had purchased the wood stocked version which we would be in the same place as far as fit since I assume the basic shape and size of the wood stock is the same as the plastic version. The trigger is okay and a tune up is on the list of mods as is a bolt polishing. The magazine well is a bit sloppy and we can tighten that up a tad bit.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.