Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

MK 2, (KMK10) accuracy verses 10/22

544 Views 4 Replies 4 Participants Last post by  smoky
Like my tricked out, accurate 10/22, but can ALMOST outshoot it any day with the open sighted, standard Ruger KMK10 MK 2.

Has anyone else experienced this?
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
1,167 Posts
mandrake said:
Like my tricked out, accurate 10/22, but can ALMOST outshoot it any day with the open sighted, standard Ruger KMK10 MK 2.

Has anyone else experienced this?
I asked this question on another thread. Why are Ruger pistol barrels noted for accuracy when their standard 10-22 barrels are not? Is it a chamber thing or what?? I have not had a MK2 around for many years so I can't compare the two but I remember the MK2 I had was very accurate.

· Registered
289 Posts
Never thought about it...

Funny! I have a 22/45 6 7/8 slab side with VQ trigger/hammer/sear... I never thought about just how friggin accurate that bad boy is compared to an "O.K." stock 10/22.. Aren't rifles SUPPOSED to be more accurate than a pistol???

Then again, that pistol costs about double what the 10/22 costs... and it is a heavy barrel slab side... I think the chamber style is a very good question though. anybody know if the chambers are the same?

Postal

· Registered
680 Posts
Its simple really... a shorter barrel is much much more ridged. Ridged barrels can be less picky about the ammo they are feed because of the roll harmonics play in barrel vibration. Shorter barrels also put less stress on a receiver.

· Registered
680 Posts
BTW... The Ruger semi auto chambers are about the same. The only exception is the early Mark II 6 7/8" blued Governments with factory test targets in the box and the 10/22T used a shorter chamber throat.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.