Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

Millett Angle Loc Rings

875 13
I am wondering what the little strips of stickybacked tape is that is included with these rings. I've never used them and the instructions with the rings does not mention them. Are they for shimming? Are they for protecting the scope tube from ring marks?

:confused:

EJ
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
3,702 Posts
Gerald,

Trade Secrets, arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :) :bthumb:

I think the optic manufactures pay Millet a stipend to keep these things on the market, so when you %(*^%( a scope, they get to sell you a new one. :D

Craig N.

· Premium Member
58,033 Posts
Gerald,

Trade Secrets, arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :) :bthumb:

I think the optic manufactures pay Millet a stipend to keep these things on the market, so when you %(*^%( a scope, they get to sell you a new one. :D

Craig N.
More trade secrets, where will this industrial espionage end?? :eek: :D

Gerald

· Registered
20,842 Posts
My .02....
My local gunshop and my good buddy that works there is BIG on these rings..therefore I kinda got hooked on them..I mount very carefully and get angles perfect. And I have never in 8 mountings (some have come off and traded to other guns) never had a tweeked tube..or even more than a slight rings mark. But, they are very frustrating to get square with your rec/bore...I spend a bunch of tuime and ammo getting them square to where you can zero at 25 and then move out to 50 and be on the mark...they are eekie tweekie for sure...but boy can they be PURDY :bthumb:

· Registered
2,257 Posts
I am wondering what the little strips of stickybacked tape is that is included with these rings. I've never used them and the instructions with the rings does not mention them. Are they for shimming? Are they for protecting the scope tube from ring marks?

:confused:

EJ
They're in there to RESEAL the package when you throw the rings away :eek: :eek: :rolleyes:

· Registered
1,247 Posts
WORST rings ever perpetrated on the shooting industry....:hide:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.