Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

Mike in South Carolina.

299 9
Things are warming up fast down here in the sunny South. Hope you and yours are doing well.
------------------------------
At 25 yards OUTDOORS
-------------------------------
250-13x Mike Hunter (Forester). Summerville South Carolina
Sako P94S. Weaver 6x scope. Wolf MT ammo. Lilja 18 twist barrel
Jewell 2oz trigger. Stith Stock. Winds kind of gusty and variable.
At 50 yards OUTDOORS:
239-6x Mike Hunter (Forester). Summerville South Carolina
Sako P94S. Weaver 6x scope. Eley Match EPS ammo.
Lilja 18 twist barrel. Jewell 2oz trigger. Stith Stock.
Winds 2-5 from 6 o'clock. I've been working with the Sako a lot trying to step it up a notch or so. This is not a bad score, but it should have been better. The wind switched on me before the 20th bull, so I dropped down below the last row and shot sighters on the backer to get a feel for the new POI. I then went up and finished the last row, dropping only 1 point. I thought I had a pretty good target, so I put up the rifle and then sat down to have a look through the spotting scope. Ouch--I had forgotten to shoot that 20th bull! The clock
said I had about 90 seconds left, so I got out the rifle, shot a couple of heaters and promptly shot a minus 2! Yep, I know I can do better.,
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
667 Posts
That is a kick butt sporter gun you got there Mike. And apparently the nut behind the trigger is top grade too. ;) GG

p.s. if you are ever out in this area please look up the San Diego shooters, we would be thrilled to have you shoot with us.

·
Registered
615 Posts
If I'm ever in San Diego, I'd be honored to shoot with you, Mike, Time, and the rest of the California team. Even though we've never met, I feel we're good friends, just like all the shooters here. Interesting how that works, isn't it? I'd especially like to meet Linda, who's a real saint to send out all those goodies to the winners.

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Geesh Mike,

I finally get you at 50, then I see you shot your sporter! One top of that you didn't even shoot all the bulls.:rolleyes: I've been practicing with the sporter but I'm not sure about those little green circles at 50 yet. Still have enough trouble with the IR target with the Sako.

Nice shooting.

Ken

·
Registered
658 Posts
Mike,that's really fine shooting with a sporter and 6x scope.It seems like it's really dialed in.So's you decided to take it easy on us this month?:D
Mike C.

·
Registered
16,533 Posts
Mike,
I don't know how you can do it with a 6X at 50yds. I have a helluva time seeing it with the Lyman 8X on my Stevens. I just aim in the middle and hope. Sometimes it works, most of the time it don't.
Great shooting! JL

·
Registered
615 Posts
JL, it's certainly not as easy with a 6x scope, but, hey, it's not easy with a 36x either. I shoot the 6x because I need the practice for RBA. Got to have a spoting scope set up to have a chance.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.