Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought a 10/22 with a ss bull 18in barrel, Seller said it was a midway. As far as I know they are just a retailer? I havnt picked it up yet, but am looking foward to a few test groups. Can anybody say FOR SURE who manufactured it? Im getting to think it "may" be a GM, but as there a definate answer.....or way to tell?

·
Registered
5,084 Posts
Midway Barrel......? ?

spam4einstein,
Can anybody say FOR SURE who manufactured it?
No.....! ! :(

Unless the barrel is marked with a manufacturer's name or logo, there is no way that anyone here can say who made it....! ! :eek:

Who is the seller....? ?
Does the seller know....? ?
Does the seller have proof [receipts]....? ?
Do you trust the seller....? ?

IF the barrel was sold by Midway, it is possible that the barrel in an "A&B", which would have been made by "GM"..... :rolleyes:

I have seen many "custom 10/22's" at gun shows with 'no-name' barrels mounted on them.....! ! :(

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think it amy be Fagen as the stock is one of theirs. Ill post to this again if it dosnt have any markings and mabey with all your help I can figure it out, are Fagen BBL's any good?

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ok, got the bbl in my hand, no markings at all other than stamping on left side says "warning: unfired rounds may not always eject." followed by.22lr. thats it...she has a target crown and a pretty nice almost polished finish, its also mounted in a no longer made fajen lam camo sporter stock. seller only said it was a midway bbl. im guessing it may have been a combo kit as those are the only mods. If anyone has any further ideas on the maker of bbl with this new info, id really like to know

·
Registered
268 Posts
I purchased a Midway brand barrel a long time ago. It is only marked Midway. You can bet someone else made it for them and marked their name on it. Mine shoots sub dime sized groups at 50 yards. I don't really CARE what name is on it! My barrel came in a combo deal Fajen stock / Midway barrel.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.