Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

midsouth prices go up!

1432 13
****! hornady 17hmr now up to $7.72 a box and still back ordered! their CCI 17hmr is still $7.66, however. anybody shoot the hollow point stuff yet to see how EXPLOSIVE it is/isnt?
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
Shortage?

It seems the HUMMER has appealed to people with obsessive-compulsive disorder. I read about guys that order cases of the stuff. No wonder it is hard to get and the price is increasing.

I hope this is resolved when Remington and CCI bring theirs to market.

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
The price increase and shortage is not caused by those individuals that order by the case. Ever hear of supply and demand. Mid-South has held their price on the .17 ammo for well over a year now, and just made an adjustment for economics.
The price of fuel and shipping has gone up along with the economy duldrums. They have to make a profit too. They are not like your local gouging/gunshop/gun show/marketing freaks.
CheaperThanDirt still has some in stock, but their prices are way out of line.
Those who buy the ammo by the case, need it, use it and can afford it.
They have seen what was coming and have taken necessary precautions. $7.72 is still better than $9.00 to $11.00 a box.
Plan ahead and place an order now, before it goes up again.
Ted

·
Registered
312 Posts
Hey guys........feel lucky........our here in the west where the wagon train has to bring in supplies...........17 H. is prices at $12 bucks.............but the dealers will only sell it to you ......IF..... you bought a 17 rifle from them............

·
Registered
360 Posts
Think about this.

$7.72 x 6 = 46.32 (min. order midsouth)

$46.32 + 10 (est. shipping) = 56.32 =

$9.38 a box that you have to wait 2 months to get.

What a deal.

Nothing agains midsouth but $11 or $13 localy does not seem that bad of a deal if you are a casual shooter. Also you are supporting someone localy and there something to said about that.

·
Registered
364 Posts
kevin said:

seriously too many people making Chief Dave specials them click clacks sure eat alot...:D
Kevin,

Be careful some one might think thats a little hypocritical. :)

.....you know since you just did a 10/17 conversion :p

HAAAaaaa HAAaaaa HAaaaa

Just Kidding...!

Or are you just hinting/bragging ? :)

·
Registered
30 Posts
Re: Think about this.

KF9VH said:
$7.72 x 6 = 46.32 (min. order midsouth)

$46.32 + 10 (est. shipping) = 56.32 =

$9.38 a box that you have to wait 2 months to get.

What a deal.

Nothing agains midsouth but $11 or $13 localy does not seem that bad of a deal if you are a casual shooter. Also you are supporting someone localy and there something to said about that.
$7.72 x 15 = $115.80

$115.80 + $6.52 (actual shipping) = $122.32

$8.15 a box and a 5 weeks to my door.

$11 x 15 = $165
$13 x 15 = $195

I'll take my saved $43 -$73 and buy another 5-10 boxes of ammo.

Order some more boxes and get it even closer to $8/box.

Seems like a MSS is a deal to me.

Adam

·
Registered
512 Posts
intec corp,

untill I get that little shim, I'm high and dry:( although I have a good idea how fast I'm gonna go through ammo.

with that KIDD trigger added to the 22 mag, it was like pow pow, what do you mean nine rounds gone:confused:

I've already got 2K of the little stuff laid away for it (now converted) and the 77-17, and when I find it I just add more...

thankfully the shops I deal with don't hold to the did you buy the rifle here?
attitude :mad: the ones that I have bought arms from in the past don't care if it was a seventeen or if it was 2 years ago, I'm in there a lot, buying powder etc, they always seem to be able to come up with a couple of boxes even when the shelves are empty:t

repeat buisness = good customers or is that the other way around?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.