Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm aware that there is a serial # guide regarding the date of manufacture. The serial number is "different" than anything referd to in the guide-the serial # gun is 103991T8 it appears to be '68 am I correct. This is a fine pistol to shoot, I go out and bang away with my S&W Mdl 19, when I've had enough of close but no cigar I pick up the Medalist and it gives a guy some bragging rights.

·
Registered
171 Posts
I think you are correct on your decoding of your serial number but I am no expert on these. I asked the same question about the medalist I just bought.

I am waiting the 10 days before I can bring my new baby home. It has been 30 years since I experienced a friends Medalist and I have always compared everythingelse to that Medalist. I have a Ruger Mark II w/ 2X Leupold on it and I always have longed for the Medalist every time I pick up the Ruger. I am very anxious to conduct a head to head comparison but I think I already know the outcome.

Can you say "austa-la-bye bye" Ruger???? Before anybody asks, I already have a new home in mind for the Ruger. Every year on my son's birthday I open the gun safe and usually tell him to take his pick, well this year I am picking and he gets the Ruger Mark II and a new blade from Gene Ingram that I have on order for him. I know I am spoiling him but life's a ***** and then you die or so they say.

Also, I am not open to adopting anybody wanting to get in my gun safe or will so don't bother asking.

That's my story and I am sticking to it.

Dave

·
Premium Member
30,720 Posts
The product code for the Medalist is "T", "U" for the Challenger and "P" for the Nomad. The number listed in the first post will indicate the year of 1962 thru 1968. 1969 started a new code in which the last two digits were the year. Since these guns ended production in 1974 it is easy to determine which year they were made.

·
Registered
2,807 Posts
Son's Birthday

Dave,
I want to know what you are going to do next year when you open the safe and he picks the Medalist? How strong is a father's love? At least you have a son to give them to. Because of my older son's friends and lifestyle, I am going to limit him to his choice 25 guns and my younger son's wife will not let him have any. I think that I have decided to leave the rest to a young engineer who used to work for me and who loves them like I do. By the way, you will flat out love that MEDALIST. I know that I do mine.

Wayne38

·
Registered
171 Posts
Wayne38

I must be getting old because I did not see that one coming. Just when I thought I had it all figured out, you go and present a whole new problem to me.

The only thing I can think of off the top of my head is to buy another gun safe and store it at my friends shop and see how long it takes me to get that one filled up. Now that I think of it, I could let my wife see me taking guns out and tell her I am trading them for something I want even more.

Guess I will just put both my wife and son on my "Need to know" plan. They don't need to know until I decide it is time to come clean.

Have to give this some serious thought on what to do.

Thanks for the new headache.

Dave

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.