Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my new RRR (first 10/22) today, and I am cleaning it now before taking it to the range this weekend. I just pulled the action out of the stock for the first time and was surprised to see some scratching on the barrel where the v-block screws were tightened. True enough there is little clearance there for a hex key but I didn't expect to see any cosmetic damage. Is this standard for RRR or blued Target 10/22? I am talking small scratches--but this is one expensive .22LR so if there are going to be scratches, I'd like to put them there myself! Obviously they are not visible when the gun is assembled.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
xenophobe said:
Yes, it is common to see scratches on the barrel by the v-block allen fasteners...
The socket head cap v-block screws show a bit of "tool slip" damage too. Too bad they don't protect that part of the barrel during assembly... the rest of the barrel has an absolutely gorgeous finish on it. I was considering selling the barrel on ebay and was thinking the scratches would kill that idea.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.