Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

McMillan alternatives

572 Views 13 Replies 9 Participants Last post by  dbuckbee
Anyone know of any alternatives stocks to the McMillan thumbhole sporter? I love this stock but hate the price. I want the same criteria: synthetic, bull barrel channel, thumbhole sporter style. I want to put this type of stock on a Volquartsen 22 mag. If I have to get a 22lr stock and inlet it to fit the magnum (if possible) I will.

Thanks.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
1,709 Posts
This is not much help, but in the centerfire world, HS Precision makes one of the best stocks around. I have two of their custom thumbholes (one on my Win 70 deer rifle, and one on my Rem 700 varmint rifle). There could not be a better stock out there. Unfortunately, the last time I checked, they still don't make rimfire stocks.

HS Precision

· Registered
1,709 Posts
HS Precision pics

For those not familiar with HS Precision, here are pics of the two I own:

· Registered
2,236 Posts
Ladykiller said:
Anyone know of any alternatives stocks to the McMillan thumbhole sporter? I love this stock but hate the price. I want the same criteria: synthetic, bull barrel channel, thumbhole sporter style. I want to put this type of stock on a Volquartsen 22 mag. If I have to get a 22lr stock and inlet it to fit the magnum (if possible) I will.

Thanks.
Think WALNUT... Repeat after me.. WALNUT!!! :D :D :D
Your homework assignment is to write down WALNUT 500 times... ;) :D
Where's CWG when I need him?
Don

· Registered
2,236 Posts
Ladykiller said:
Hey dbuckbee, I see you are from Grayling. I'm up there ALOT trout fishing.
Good for you!! Most people never heard bout Grayling. Home of Trout, and Kanoes. I live on da East Branch of the Au Sable, just 20 feet from the back of the house.
Where you from?
Don

· Registered
1,907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I lived most of my life in Zilwaukee (Saginaw County) but I recently just moved to Rochester Hills (the city life sucks) for a job in the auto industry. I'm usually at Higgins Lake at my folks cabin most weekends and I take off from there to fish the AuSable mainstream or the South Branch.

You don't by chance hunt small game in the area do you?

· Registered
2,236 Posts
Ladykiller said:
I lived most of my life in Zilwaukee (Saginaw County) but I recently just moved to Rochester Hills (the city life sucks) for a job in the auto industry. I'm usually at Higgins Lake at my folks cabin most weekends and I take off from there to fish the AuSable mainstream or the South Branch.

You don't by chance hunt small game in the area do you?
I'll send you a PM and take this off the main thread.
Don

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.