Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

May Smallest Group Match, and Upcoming June and July Group Matches

1098 Views 44 Replies 12 Participants Last post by  Ben B.
Howdy Folks,
For May I figure we'll run the regular Smallest Group Match for whoever is up for it. I already have mine shot. I will be away for a good part of the rest of the month, but will be back in early June to pick up and measure targets. Rules are the same as always. When in doubt read the Rules sticky.
Now for June I was thinking of something different. I forget who mentioned this, but it hit me as a good idea. For June it will be a smallest 25 shot group. Yep you got it right. A group consisting of 25 shots!!!!! Think about how small a group your 25 individual shoots would be if you shot a 250 on the old USBR Green Monster if you could lay them all on top of one another. Got that picture in your mind??? OK during June just go for it. Limit yourself to five trys (five 25-shot groups) per distance (25 and 50 yds) max. What do you folks think of that? As for time limits: The time limit for each 25 shot group will be 30 minutes.

Then in July, how about running a 5X5 Aggregate Match again???? Like March these will be five 5-shot groups at each distance. Mr MattK, will you be ready by then???
Take care all. I'll be around for a few days (until Thursday the 12th I think) to get you feed back. After that it will not be until early June when I get back to the land of flush toilets, telephones, and internet.
Take Care, Have Fun, nad Be Safe.
Jim
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

· Registered
1,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yo Brian,
Well the 25 shot group wasn't my idea, but I can't remember who it was that brought it up.
Saw you post on the April results thread. Gosh darn, were those nasty old rain drops :grrr: being mean to you :sad: ??????? I'd love to help Buddy, but I just can't start bending the rules. Of course all targets that come in with $20 bills stapled to them the get extra considerations and allowences. I have special calipers for them :hide: .
Jim

· Registered
1,888 Posts
Yall know, I just thought of something - that 25 shot group will take some time!! Might take 30 minutes or so if the wind don't play along!!! :eek:

· Registered
2,788 Posts
Hey Jim

Sounds like fun !

Will I be ready ? , Well if I get the bolt sleeve , it will only take me 10 minutes to set up the sako ... Beretta say they have the part , but guess what ? , into week two now and still waiting ! :1t

Oh Beretta , if only you knew how much I liked you ,,,, :1t

· Registered
3,463 Posts
Sounds like a plan to me, Jim. I'm in! In fact I'll take the blame for suggesting the 25 shot group. If I recall seems I mentioned it as being a true composite of our recent 5 X 5 group match. And 30 minutes should be way more than enough time. The limit on the USBR target is 20 minutes. A 25 shot group should be quicker since you never have to move your aim point.

(Brian may ruin a bunch of arrows if he does this one with his bow though!)

· Registered
1,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hey Stan,
So you're the culprit :1t on the 25 shot idea. I knew someone had brought that up in an e-mail or some such.
Good deal Wolf. Just keep a picture of a coyote in your mind's eye and your shots will all zap right in there ;)
I am looking forward to getting out to the field in the next day or so, but I'll miss you guys here on RFC over the next three weeks or so.
Good shooting All and be SAFE!!!!!
Jim

· Registered
2,788 Posts
Hi folks

Yeah , Friday the 13th , what a joyous day to find out that Beretta Australia has not got the part [ Bolt sleeve ] I need ..

It will be a cold day in hell before I wait another 4 months for a part that may or may not arrive ...

If there is no part , the reciever will be destroyed , and all parts sold to re-coup at a most likely loss to me ...

Another [ Target ] rimfire will have to be found to replace the Lemon from finland ..... [ If this turns out to be the case ]

ill keep you posted : and ill hopefully be able to take some pictures of the reciever as its killed :

Matt...

· Registered
2,788 Posts
Bolt sleeve

Yeah , lowest quote so far = $300 , and for some strange reason it seems the part is technically difficult to weld , and a liability problem ....

+ the finnfire is now out of production , which means there may be a very sudden lack of parts shortly ....

· Registered
3,463 Posts
MattK said:
Yeah , lowest quote so far = $300 , and for some strange reason it seems the part is technically difficult to weld , and a liability problem ....

+ the finnfire is now out of production , which means there may be a very sudden lack of parts shortly ....
Wow. I'm pretty sure a friend just bought a Finnfire (whole gun, not just a bolt) off the net recently for a little over $500. Well, at least you should be able to sell off the stock & the easily removeable barrel.

· Registered
4,065 Posts
Neat idea this 25 round match. I might give it a try. Hey, you know what would be funny. Shoot it again in the future but require each shot to be a different kind of .22 LR round (no cleaning allowed between shots). I think I could scratch up a dozen or so at the moment.

· Registered
2,788 Posts
Yeah

I might have to buy an entire Finnfire just for spare parts , but unfortunately not many second hand finnfires about !

I went to a shop with 100's of rimfires in stock , and no Anni Target guns , but he did have a walther Target rifle for a reasonable price ...
So if no bolt sleeve , ill contact him and see if I can still get the Walther ..

The single shot Shul , was some 90year old piece of ###t .

Hmmmm, a Walther Target Rifle ?

But Im about to call a friend of mine and see what price to copy the bolt sleeve , + might have it made from something a little stronger than mild steel .

It aint over till I cry ;)

· Registered
2,619 Posts
sheffieldshootr said:
Neat idea this 25 round match. I might give it a try. Hey, you know what would be funny. Shoot it again in the future but require each shot to be a different kind of .22 LR round (no cleaning allowed between shots). I think I could scratch up a dozen or so at the moment.
That might make a good Fun Shoot event, if Paul likes the idea

Ben

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.