Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
That kind of attitude won't get you squat around here. A normal decent minded person with any type of common sense would have called the manufacturer first. You could also have gone to Wal-Mart, or a savage retailer and held one in your hands. Don't get all sarcast because someone didn't answer a question you could've answered to yourself in about 45 seconds.

Andrew

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
:1t Take it easy, there, Thor! Did you fail one of your finals, or something. My remarks weren't directed at anyone, in a personal way. Unlike yours! "A normal decent minded person with any type of common sense" shouldn't be so quick to insult people, without knowing the full story. Maybe you should attend summer school, and learn some manners.--- Anyone that is familiar with me on this website, knows I mean't no harm. My remarks were made, half in gest. --- I have a deadline on a certain rifle and I needed a quick response. By the way, my local Wal-Mart doesn't have the rifle, and there is no Savage retailer, where I live. I coudn't call Savage yesterday, I was at work all day (no personal calls), but had access to a computer. One more thing. I can ask any appropriate gun question I want. That's what this site is all about. Half of the questions here on RFC, can be taken to the manufacturers, by phone, for the answer, but it's usually more beneficial, enjoyable (and cheaper) to converse with the experts here, instead.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Sorry bout that.

Had a fight with "the boss" and wasn't thinking clearly

I looked at wally world's website to make another smart comment, but can't really tell by the photo's even blown up.

What kind of deadline.

I am in the market for a mark II FV now. the local shop has them for $221.33 out the door with background check and registration. Wally world has them listed for $173, but I don't know how the tax and any checks would work out. Here in middle tennessee the tax is 9.25 on food, and 9.75 on most goods

Once again, sorry. I guess you can't read sarcasm into typing. I am however taking summer classes at college, and working :). ALMOST failed my Chem final, but made it through

Good shootin
Andrew

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Andrew, don't worry about it. Judging from your previous posts, I know your a decent, motivated young man. --- Don't always be looking for a comeback though. We all have to take it on the chin, now and then, but it makes us better people. I shouldn't have been so defensive either, I apologize, too. That just causes animosity among us. It's simply not the right thing to do

A friend of mine at work has a cousin in K.C. who is trading his Mark I in today, if he didn't hear from me by last night. Well, I'm going to buy a new rifle anyway, but now I can't decide between the Mark I or II or II-BV. I like wood or laminate. The Mark I would be nice for my daughter who wants to learn how to shoot. It's interesting though, when I called Savage, they told me it was neither gloss, nor matte finish, and that it was in between. I forget what she called it, maybe satin. I'm thinking it will be best to go with a matte scope.

By the way. I've had a long week at work, too. I'll tell you what, let's take our anger out on the targets at the range, from now on. Good luck with your life and school.

·
Registered
872 Posts
Pecci: I'll tell you what, let's take our anger out on the targets at the range, from now on.

:D :D Absolutely correct, Pecci. When I have a particularly frustrating day, I stop by my property (sometimes during the lunch hour) and plink away. Great way to relax...............

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It's very theraputic (sp). I had a few friends that just didn't seem to understand that, until they tried it. Personally, it give me a terrific sense of what this country is all about, freedom.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.