Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

Marvel 1911 .22 conversion

851 6
Anyone have one of these Marvel 1911 .22 conversions? Are they as good as they claim it is? Is it picky about ammo?

Thanks in advance. TT
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Marvel .22 conversions

I have owned and used the Marvel conversion since they first hit the market. Now, they have their Unit Two for sale and I will receive one next week.

My Unit One is reliable, accurate, versitile and an excellent hunting and IPSC/IDPA practice tool. Buy one, and make sure you check out all the accessories.

Jim

·
Registered
117 Posts
nice unit

A number of my bullseye-shooting friends use them with great success. They seem to me a little more reliable than the Kart units (I could never get my Kart to shoot reliably, tho I know others who have). I wish it locked open on the last shot, tho the Day conversion was quite popular and it didn't, either. Accuracy is superb. I shot next to one of the Marvel guys last year at Perry and he said they test each unit for accuracy, and fine tune the muzzle crown until it passes muster. The Ceiner/Kimber units are fun, but no where near as accurate as the Marvel.

Doug.

·
Registered
3,642 Posts
American Rifleman Article

Tree,

1911 .45ACP/.22LR Conversion Units were written up in the March, 2001 American Rifleman; if I remember correctly......! ! :)

Do a SEARCH of RFC and you should catch the other threads on conversion units....! ! ;)

Good Luck....! ! :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.