Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is the Model 99 a common item?? I just came across one and it is a tubular fed .22 copy of an M1.. i think it's pretty interesting and wonder if it has any collector value... thanks... Bob

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
is it the model 99m1 or just the 99 either way they are good guns i have an 99m1 that shoots like a dream with Eley sport, How much are they asking for it?

If your not interested in it let me know i may be P.M. me with info.

Kenny

·
Registered
5,740 Posts
they are a bit more valueable than your typical mod 60's and such, but not as valuable as others... if it is a mod 99, then it proly has some nice features, such as built in swivels and rings, white line spacers, walnut stock, things like that.

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Bought in 1970. Still have it. Nice shooter. Walnut stock. Think they were 49 dollars back then. Have yet to see one on any of the ranges where I've been and really have heard nothing of them until being in this forum. They are not common.

·
Registered
94 Posts
My 99M1 is the 10-shot tube-fed one my folks gave me for Christmas in '64. No serial number on it, just proof marks. Had to find a replacement rear sight for it; not the easiest thing to scrounge up. Best $15 I ever spent--now it's all original, walnut stock and all.

·
Registered
5,365 Posts
I'm not sure about a 99m1 but regular 99s seem to go for around a c-note or less.
Oh yea...:eek:

Well I won't be selling this one for $100. It just left the factory a little over a year ago and it still like new. :D

·
Registered
5,365 Posts
:confused: A little over a year ago... What is the story on that one it is a beautiful rifle.
It had me confused at first. I looked at it in a Gander Mountain store but couldn't make sense of the serial number, AE012. I even called home and had my wife look up the Marlin serial number prefixes...no AE. I bought it anyway.

I called Marlin the next day and a woman I talked to said she "knew that rifle" which surprised me. She said that Marlin cleaned up the factory of many old rifles they had around there since the begining. Some were model examples, some were returns that were repaired but kept and some were just "Special" rifles that they kept around for whatever reason. She said mine was one of the special ones...but I still don't know what that means.

I asked her why mine shows signs of being shot more than a test firing. She said years ago the guys in the factory would take guns "outback" and shoot at lunch time and could borrow them over the weekend.

All of the rifles sold as old inventory last year that didn't already have a serial number were stamped with the AE prefix. So if you ever see a AE it's a 2007 Marlin factory old inventory rifle.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.