Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone please tell me where I can get takedown instructions for my Golden 39AS. I'm having misfire problems and would like to give the rifle a good cleaning. I'm sure that the ammo isn't the problem. The misfired rounds work just fine in my Ruger 77/22. I tried the Marlin website but couldn't find any downloadable manuals. Any info will be appreciated.

·
Registered
3,301 Posts
shrpshot44 is correct. For some unknown reason Marlin doesn't provide on-line manuals. Call them and be prepared to be "on hold" for a few minutes.

If this is a fairly new rifle, you may want to de-grease the firing pin/striker when you get the manual and clean the bolt face really well.

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
39 AS take down

I have owned 3 39 A's and the take down is simple. remove the side screw totally, cock the hammer. Now with the side where you removed the screw, hold down on the forward portion of the rifle just above the receiver and pull up on the butt stock. The reaward part of the receiver will break loose first, then the front portion of the receiver in a hinge type motion as you continue to lift it up. New guns are tight I have often rapped them on my bed to get them to break loose while holding onto the rear stock portion where you hand resides when your shooting. Your misfires are likely do to the relationship that the rebounding hammer Plays when firing. Need to get a good gunsmith to relieve it a little bit.

·
Registered
413 Posts
I agee with vmaxx,the rebounding hammer needs a little attention. I had to tinker with mine for a while. Here is how to isolate trouble: pull bullet out of an unfired shell,dump powder.Insert, shell into chamber. Point gun in a safe direction,pull back hammer,hold hammer back and pull trigger, while hold ing trigger back,let the hammer drop. If it fires,trouble is in the way the spring strut fits in the hammer. Probably the round front part is burred or the hammer recess has rough machine marks. JMO,Paul W

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.