Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had hoped that one of the moderators would have gotten back to me sooner.

I have some Marlin accessories that I mfg, and sell on ebay, and I thought the group might be interested in seeing our work. Our latest offering is a billet aluminum compensator/quiet muzzlebreak for the Marlin 17V(S). Our test rig is a 17VS, but these should also fir the 17V. If you'd like to take a look...

You can search ebay by item number: 2715169263

Or follow this link:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=36258&item=2715169263

I hope I haven't offended anyone in posting this. If I have, I apologize, please let me know, and it won't happen again.

Thanks for your time. You can see my 17VS in the item description on ebay. I'll try to get some pics in the forum tonight!

Semper Fi

Todd

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
Hey Todd,

I haven't heard anything about your muzzle brakes for the 17V or 17VS.

I've got a 17V and would be interested.

Could you tell me a little more about it?

Does it actually quiet the 17V down and since there is generally no recoil to the .17HMR, what are all of the benefits?

It looks very interesting and if I am interested enough, I'll buy one.

Would you like to become a Sponsor or are you offering a special price to people at RFC or....?

Let me know.

Thanks! :D

·
Registered
18 Posts
Too bad you are about a week late, just paid to have a Holland Quick Discharge Muzzle Brake installed on my 17VS. The front side charge ($$$) was more than twice what your charging for your unit and the back side was almost that much.

Yours looks great!!

Take care-Steve

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks to all of the respondor's thus far, I appreciate you taking the time to investigate...

Viper, I hadn't thought of it when I put the first post in, but a discount for RFC members, or NRA members, or Vets is exactly in order. I was thinking of $10.00 off our price on any of our stuff. (We make also make turkey chokes, and comps for other rifles).

Thanks Steve, one of the initial product criteria was to enhance the appearance of the weapon. That's a big reason we chose billet aluminum.

Now, on to the tricky question. Not that there is anything difficult to explain, but you've got this pesky BATF thing to deal with all the time.

Our brake is quiet brake, but not a silencer, or suppressor of any type, flash or otherwise. (All this legal crap irks me to death, we're not criminals, leave us the hell alone, you know? But this is a whole 'nuther issue<G>) So anyhow... Yes, the brake does reduce the down-range report of the rifle. We don't have adequate equipment to actually measure the report at the shooter, or downrange, to provide an actual dB number. But, from two guys who spent one heckuva lotta time popping caps on the USMC's behalf, there is a reduction in report. Believe it or not, it's not any louder at the shooter, but downrange is what counts.

I judge the accuracy of my rig on how much, or little meat I can bring home. I like to be able to take the eye out of game, squirrel or rabbit. A good hit, center mass, with that 17gr V-Max just does a number on the critter. I haven't spent much time punching paper with the 17VS, but if my field results are any guide...

We are thinking of going to a hard-anodize finish for this comp. Mostly for cosmetic reasons, as the bright finish is not conducive good concealment techniques. But, for the hot-rodders, we had entertained doing some color anodizing under clearcoat, to really spice things up. We're trying to get some feedback on whether or not to do some samples in colors. Any help the community could offer...

In fact, if any of you have suggestions, please email me:

[email protected]

And Thanks (in advance) for your help, knowledge, and suggestions!

Semper Fi!
Todd

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
Hmmm....

I could see one of those muzzle brakes in blaze orange or neon yellow on the end of my 17V.

PM me and we'll talk more, Todd!

Thanks! :D

·
Registered
678 Posts
sounds funky

what great timing to become a member, my check is on its snail mail way as we speak. I to will be interested in this unit, if the 'rules of engagement' allow it north of the border!!
billet sounds good>

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Test results

Ok gang. We blew through some ammo, and found some interesting results. Our target was set up 120 yards downrange. Weather was decent, very little wind, which was head on. Maybe 2-3mph. Temp was decent, around 57deg F, humidity was a bit high (I could tell from the ache in my knees<G>). I shot three strings of fire, each consisting of 10 rounds, offhand, kneeling, and prone w/bipod. Offhand was predictable, 1.65" group cl-cl. Kneeling was decent, but not fantastic, at 1.47", prone was pretty predictable, and measured a conservative .93".

That is with the comp on, and in near perfect conditions. My rifle has a 22" barrel (w/out comp on), and wears a blazer 8-32x44 scope w/target turrets. Bipod by Harris. Hornady factory ammo. I think that covers everything.

I'll try to get some digital photos of the 'rig and the targets uploaded.

Our website should be available soon, and we are taking into consideration the paypal dilema. Too bad about that. They really helped us get into the business of selling online. Merchant accounts are such an expensive pain in the 4th POC.

BTW, if anybody out there knows of any good alternatives, please let us know. We like the ability to serve customers who prefer electronic payments, but we **** sure ain't supporting a company that supports our opposition. (Whew, that was a mouthful to keep straight)

Thanks to everyone for your support, and for your positive encouragement in this endeavor. We are really struggling to get our business off the ground. It seems, however, that when folks hear that we make products for firearms, they curddle-up like bad milk. Just makes me sick. It's ok to import all of our manufactured goods from the pacific-rim, but don't make any gun parts here. Exactly what is going to happen when we lose our manufacturing capability to overseas competition, then the feces hit the circular blade? Do you think someone who hates us is going to sell us guns, or tanks, or that gear for the helo's tranny? We'll be lucky to have a creek to be up.

But, I disgress. (Sorry)

Anywho... We're still plugging away at the website. We'll keep you posted. Thanks again for your support.

Oh, before I go, if you are so inclined, say a prayer for our brothers tonight. Once again, into the fray. Godspeed gentlemen, and God bless.

Semper Fi

Todd

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.