Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

marlin 99m1 questions

234 Views 4 Replies 3 Participants Last post by  870 ExpressMag
first off i just bought a marlin 99m1 .22lr...it has a little bit of the blueing chipping off but no barrel scrapes or gouges...the wood has a few minor scratches but no cracks or gouges and it looks good...all the original parts except the inner magazine tube assembly that holds the shells in the magazine.....it's missing the rear sight but has the front post...gun shoots great as a single until i can get the magazine inner...i bought it for 35.00.....the way i see it i can put a 30 dollar scope on it and get a magazine inner and use it as a plinking gun...

first question..did i get ripped off? ( i donlt think so and i guess thats all that matters but i am curious)

second does anyone know anything about this gun or how readily parts are available for it and if it would be worth reblueing and making back to original or just make it shootable and use it as is? thanks
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
1,056 Posts
The action is a basic early style Model 60 - parts are very available!
The magazine tube is shorter than on most 60's, and may be more of a problem. Try GunParts Corp. (Numrich), they should have it. If not, Brownells has the tubing for the inner tubes. A regular Model 60 tube could be shortened to fit also.
The rear sight is a problem - Numrich doesn't have it in stock, and they are devilishly hard to find! Williams has a peepsight that fits on the .22 scope grooves that might work.
Mine was well worn, so I just painted it with Rustoleum "Texture Black" paint. It looks good and holds up well. The walnut stock looks very good refinished.

· Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i'm not really interested in a rear sight..would take one if i could find it but it's not a big deal..i am just going to scope it.....but i was wondering if the barrel and everything could be reblued and made to look really nice and how much it would cost and if i could do it and how easy it is...the stock looks good....just the blueing is flaking off

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.