Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone here own one of these? If so, how do they shoot? Are they as accurate as the other bolt actions? And do they shoot shorts, longs and long rifle equally?

·
Registered
116 Posts
I was in the market for an 880sq recently, and had one of the 81ts's in my hands. They have the same stock as the 880sq and also shared the two-screw receiver mount system....and it was almost a hundred bucks less than 880sq! I have a 39A Marlin, with the tube magazine, and the 81ts looks like a duplicate magazine to me. Marlin says the 81ts handles the shorts, longs or long rifle cartridges.....and I can tell you that the 39A does it reliably.

If I were in the market for a general use 22 rifle, I'd consider the 81ts. You'll love having 19 shots (in LR) before the need to reload.

....hogship

·
Registered
870 Posts
My son has an 81TS and it shoots everything you put in it. It is a superb utility rifle and I am very pleased with it for the price.

I liked it so much that I bought the companion 83TS .22WMR version.

These are the best buys in the market for rimfire tube fed bolt rifles for the money today. Both rifles ride in the gun rack on my Kawasaki Mule here on the farm continuously.
Rich

·
Registered
43 Posts
Hi,
I got one about a year ago for $125 at Sports Authority. It's by far and away a better shooter out of the box than all my other 6 rimfires. That includes a 10/22 with about $6oo in add-ons, a 597 with trigger job, a Savage, and 3 other Marlins.
The trigger is a bit hard, but I stoned it to about 4lbs and thats OK for me.
For this kind of money, I don't think you can get a better deal in a bolt action.
I heard G. Gordon Liddy once say that these Marlin tube feeds are the kind of gun you "load on Sunday, and shoot all week." Mine takes 15 LR's.
Good Shooting...
Steve

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.