Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Playing around with the new model 7000 I got two questions that came up for me..1)Does anyone know if there is a way to drop the hammer on these things (like if you ever want to store it uncocked for awhile)? and 2)Sprayed down the plastic trigger assembly with GunScrubber, seems like it "melted" it a little (possible heads up for you 7000 owners!), does anyone know for sure if the plastic Marlin used in these rifles is solvent friendly or not? Aside from that it is a fantastically accurate shooter! Thanks for any answers!

·
Registered
32 Posts
I've had my 7000 for a couple of years now. And I love it (hope my wife didn't hear that). The only way I know of to drop the hammer is to put a spent case in the chamber and pull the trigger. It drops the hammer and stops any damage to the firing pin. As for the plastic that Marlin uses, I've never had any noticeable "melting" problems with the plastic, but I'm also really careful when I clean my 7000. I take it completely apart from the stock when I clean it, so as not to damage the plastic.

·
Premium Member
1,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi techman,

Great idea about using a fired casing as a snap cap, problem is I can't see getting my fat fingers into the ejection port to put the fired cartrige into the chamber everytime I wanted to drop the hammer. I also remove the barrel and action from the synthetic stock too everytime I clean (I didn't have any problems with Gunscrubber melting the stock), just (I think?) the plastic trigger housing. I lightly sprayed the trigger housing with Gunscrubber, and then set it down on a towel, and now I have cotton towel fibers sticking all over the plastic trigger housing (I don't know if actually melted it or not?). I was just wondering if anybody else used Gunscrubber on their model 7000, because if there is a problem with it and the plastic Marlin uses (my 597 seems resistant to Gunscrubber), I don't want to aggrivate the damage it already has caused by continuing to use it. :confused:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.