Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
31 Posts
You will have to make one upgrade to the 7000. A scope. It' doesn't come with iron sights.

Other then that I perfer the 7000. Trigger is not the greatest but I am use to Model 60s.

I do wish they still offered the target model though.

· Registered
1,718 Posts
I have reworked the triggers on lots of both of them, and having shot them all, I say 7000, 7000, 7000, 7000 all the way. There's no comparison. I've yet to see the 10/22, even tricked out with hundreds of dollars of crap, that will outsoot a 7000 with a trigger job by much if at all. The 7000 is a true sleeper of a gun, that folks are just now starting to appreciate.

· Registered
539 Posts
My son, like many others, went the 10/22 route - the most commonly altered firearm made. Many 'upgrades' are available - and necessary. I bought a 7000 for $129 closeout several years ago from a discount sporting goods store. I stupidly sold it, preferring my bolt CZ's. That 7000 was fun - and simple to operate. Sure, the CZ's spoiled me - their triggers really are THAT good! But, that 7000 was a keeper... I wish I had kept it! They even come with rings.

Stainz

· Registered
93 Posts
bchannell said:
I have reworked the triggers on lots of both of them, and having shot them all, I say 7000, 7000, 7000, 7000 all the way. There's no comparison. I've yet to see the 10/22, even tricked out with hundreds of dollars of crap, that will outsoot a 7000 with a trigger job by much if at all. The 7000 is a true sleeper of a gun, that folks are just now starting to appreciate.
So true. My brother has a 10/22. After 100's of $$$ its just now starting group close to my 7000T.

· Registered
46 Posts
definitely the 7000,I did bchannels trigger job on mine,and the rifle's absolutely first class,my only criticism,is the magazine looks as though its been made in a 1960's chinese toy factory,it works though,the 7000 also cycles a much greater range of ammo than a 10/22.Stick with Marlin.
PS CZ 511 is good too.

· Registered
527 Posts
My 7000 is a piece of junk it will only group about 1/2 inch at 70 yards,with two different types of ammo.I want/need it to be around 1/4 of an inch,or maybe 1/8 of an inch,maybe even 1/16 of an inch.Hey anybody know the diameter of a Squirells eye.

· Registered
39 Posts
Marlin vs. 10/22

I have a question... If Marlin is so much better and less expensive right out of the box, why wouldn't everyone be buying them and then upgrading them?

Its seems to me that if you want the most accurate rifle you can get, why not just start with a Marlin 7000 in the first place? All I wanted when I started looking for a good .22 was the most accurate and reliable .22 I could buy for under $200. If what some of the posts I have read are true about the accuracy of the marlin, I have just wasted $300.00 bucks on a 10/22 with a ttshooter trigger. (well, maybe not wasted, I do like my 10/22 very much).

I guess I am going to be forced to go out and buy a Marlin to compare it to my Ruger (has anyone ever started up a support group for people like us? If not, I might have to become the president of the Charter Membership for Rimfire Annonymous). Who does good trigger work on Marlins?

Good Shooting Everyone,

My name is Brian and I am an addict...

· Registered
890 Posts
Preferences

7000----if you're familuar with paper punching its a good choice---if you shoot game and fun targets, by all means any of the 60's!! I use the 7000 for both cause I'm used to it---awesome for the buck---give it 500 rounds and it'll put smiles on the trigger puller. MFO songator :Blasting_ :Blasting_ :D :t

· Registered
43 Posts
lol i got a 80 dollar barrel and a 120 dollar stock on my 22 and nothin else and you can get cheaper stocks like a hogue wich is like 40 buxs i get groups under 1/2 inch on it with a cheap *** scope like 50 dollarsi get groups of bout 7/16 on average heres 1 1/16th of an inch bigger than that and cheap *** ammo wallmart stuff 8 dollars 550 no match grade stuff

· Registered
5 Posts

My totally stock out of the box 7000 will shoot sub 3/4" groups at 80 yards, I'm more than happy with that, and it doesn't jam, I feel bad for the guys next to me with tricked up 10/22's and cussing because they keep jamming. :)

These little rifles are seriously underated. :Blasting_

Regards

Ben

PS where can I get a laminated ambi stock off the shelf ?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.