Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Realizing that condition is a crucial factor in estimating value, and that descriptions fall far short of actual pictures, nonetheless I will ask my question. Does any one have an idea of the value of a Marlin 39 TDS? The rifle is at least in 95% condition. I bought it new about 12 years ago and have shot it very little. I think they only produced the TDS for a few years, and wondered if it had more resale value than the standard model 39 that I have. Any info would be appreciated. DGR

·
Registered
457 Posts
Re: Value of Marlin Model 39TDS

DnnRe8,

Hello. The Twenty-Sixth Edition of the BLUE BOOK OF GUN VALUES (by S.P. Fjestad, Copyright 2005) lists the values for the Marlin Model 39TDS as:

100% condition - $450.00
98% condition - $350.00
95% condition - $200.00
90% condition - $175.00
80% condition - $150.00
70% condition - $125.00
60% condition - $110.00

As you can see, the above values listed in this particular firearms textbook show quite a spread for the 39TDS between 95% and 100% condition. Further, these values can indeed vary upward or downward from one region of the country to the next. Then, of course, the factor of "whatever the current market will bear" for this particular rifle also plays a part in the equation (i.e. what one buyer wouldn't dare pay for the rifle, the next buyer to come along might happily scoop it up with little to no negotiating on price--within reason--if he or she wants it badly enough).

*For those who may not be familiar with the 39TDS, they were a carbine variation of the Marlin Model 39AS. They have a (short) barrel length of 16.5 inches; open sights; weight of 5.25 lbs. They were manufactured from 1988-1995.

Hope this helps. ;) They are a nice, handy little rifle. :t

Regards,

"akrimfire" :snipersmi

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.