Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just received my Marlin 17V and I want to put a Simmon 44 mag 6.5-20x44mm scope on it. If I buy Millet high rings (.600") and put on the scope (.5" diameter), total height is 1.1". The scope has a 60mm objective. Half of the objective, 30mm, is 1.181". The Millet rings are the highest I can find but I don't think they are going to work. The scope also has an adjustable objective so this adds more the to overall height.
Any suggestions to solve my problem?

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
I've got a set of Burris Signature Rimfire/Airgun rings that will work perfectly for this, up for sale in the For Sale Forum.

I've got the same set-up on my Marlin 882SSV (same as a 17VS, but it is in .22WMR) and it works perfectly.

If interested, they are $40 shipped, USPS Priority Mail.

I guarantee that they will work and you will be very pleased with them! :D

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
Don't forget to count the drop from the top of the receiver to the top of the barrel where the objective will be. Most likely you have an extra 0.1 or 0.2 inches to work with. My guess is that they will be just about right for your combo. The 60mm is the OD and already includes the AO. It is a pretty friendly scope to mount as it has none of the bulges you might see on other scopes.

Another option are BKL rings. They are in the 0.65" range. On the web at:

http://www.bkltech.com

The best value are their 2 piece rings at $18 but they have one-piece and custom mounts that are pretty cool. They are not the prettiest rings to look at but the elegance of their design will grow on you.

The Signature Airgun/Rimfire rings are about the tallest rings out there at 0.793 inches. The Signature system eliminates the need for lapping rings and can also be used to cant a scope forward and extend the effective adjustment range.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.