Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody have any experiance with sporter barrelled Mark II's? As I am left handed, I'm left out of the heavy barreled, laminate and synthetic choices. I'm curious as to accuracy and reliability of function.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I just bought a LH Mark II about a month ago. It has worked flawlessly. Put over 500 shells through it. The wife likes it so much, I don't even get to shoot it now. As to accuracy, it is dead on shot after shot. Haven't had any problems mechanically with the bolt or any other part for that matter

·
Registered
5 Posts
got a Mark II LH from walmart and it works just fine. I wish now I would have got a scoped version, as the grooves on the reciever are not very steady for scope mounting, I'm assuming the factory scoped versions are drilled and tapped.
I have not shot it for accuracy yet(still open sights) Good little gun, be sure and work the trigger over, there are some great ideas for shimming on this site.

·
Registered
122 Posts
corelokt,
I've had a lefty since they first came out. I haven't really shot it for groups, but I can say I have not put a group on paper over an inch at 75 yards. That's where I zero my rimfire scopes. Shot mostly Aguila SE standard velocity. Great shooting and inexpensive. I used mine mostly for squirrel hunting, but haven't had much time to play with it lately. Put in a Rifle Basix sear and it really improved the trigger. I will have to try some of the tricks from the forums to see if I can get it any better. It is in my opinion the best deal in a rimfire for us left-handed shooters. :t

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you everyone, great to hear from first hand experiance. Does anyone know if the scoped version (package) is drilled and tapped? Also, what are some of the "tricks" to make these more accurate and where does one get a Rifle Basics sear? I know Midway USA carries them, but not cheap.
Last thing, If I get one of these, anyone want a Henry Lever .22? I like to only own one rifle of a caliber and have already bought my three kids a Remington Targetmaster, and two Winchester 67A's, (Like I used to keep the woodchuck and squirrel population managed when I was a kid). I like the old single shots for my kids because it's harder to lose track of where that long barrel is pointing.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.