Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, this is my first post on this site. I have a Savage Mark II GL, the dovetail sight that came installed on it, I don't like, but I don't want to put a scope on the gun(not right now anyway) Does anyone know if anybody makes a adjustable peep that I could mount on the two little grooves in the top of the reciever?
I don't know the correct terminology for this mounting surface, but for anyone who hasn't seen something similar, there are two very shollow grooves running down the top of the reciever spaced as far apart as the radius of the reciever will allow.
This gun is just a short range plinker, but the dovetail moves around too much for what I'm using it for.

Thanks

JLS:)

·
Registered
65 Posts
Newbie pitches in

I just purchased my first gun a few weeks ago--it's a T/C Classic--so I'm not nearly as knowledgeable as most folks here. But I have been interested in finding a peep sight to fit my gun and can point you to some of the places from which I've learned the most.

Neal J Guns
Warner Tool
Champion's Choice
B. Jones Sights
Medesha Firearms
Lyman
Williams

These are mostly catalogs and manufacturer web sites, many of them very high end--at least on my budget. I don't know what the grooves on your receiver are called, but if you have a weaver base, you can get a redfield base that will attach to a weaver base. Then you can attach a compatible rear sight to the redfield base. It seems like a lot of hassle, and I'd be happy to hear of a simpler way, but that's the best I've been able to figure. For the front sight, if you want a globe, you can get a Marble's ramp with 3/8" dovetail and one of the Lyman front sights in the appropriate height. If you want to spend $280 on a rear sight, you can get an RPA sight for a weaver base. Or, for $80, you can get a NECG weaver peep (New England Custom Gun ).

I'm not ready to fork out the kind of dough required to go the distance with a decent peep setup on my classic, especially considering the fun I'm having with my open sights, but some of the options are pretty impressive. I hope this was helpful.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for the help, I think I will get something for Williams, and while I'm at it, I've always wanted some high visibility sights on my Rugar Mark II. Looks like good quality.... I will order some and let you know how it goes.
JLS

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.