Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
fixed sights?

If so you. Look at the front sight. Does it appear to have been shortened? At one time someone shooting subsonic may have shortened it to bring up his or her point of impact. I hope that is the problem, just replace the factory post. If not then I have no idea of anyone who makes an after market sight for ya. Sorry.

·
Registered
884 Posts
No, the rear sight is all the way down and the front sight is the original already-too-high sight
Is this a standard MK I? If it is there should be no adi. for the rear to be down all the way. Sounds like someone may have added a adj. rear that has raised the point of impact. If that is the case and the dovetail hasn't been changed maybe you could go back to the standard rear sight ............. :confused: .

·
Registered
252 Posts
Filing down the front sight will only make it shoot higher as boley has stated. A call to Ruger can verify if there is more than one sight height for the MKI. If there is more than one, order the tallest, have it installed and then file for the correct height. And since it is a fixed sight gun, pick the one brand of ammo that you will be shooting all the time before you start filing. Different brands usually have a different POI.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.