Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Corpsie said:
Does anyone have any experience with Savage's MARK I-FVT model?

How easy are the sights to adjust?
Corpsie;
I posed basically the same question several weeks ago and got the same response.....NUTTIN!!! As far as I know they are not even available in my area (Central/Southern Ohio) yet.......guess we just have to keep checking. The sights do look like Williams aperature's but I am not sure.....
Good Luck with your hunt !!
glenn

·
Registered
223 Posts
The sights are indeed Williams pieces. While I don't have one yet, I do plan on getting one to review as soon as I finish wringing out the 14 American Classic I'm currently playing with. If things stay on schedule, I should have the Mark I-FVT review posted on my site in either November or December (assuming Savage can get one right out to me when Im' ready for it).

·
Registered
143 Posts
I for one am glad to see someone making a peep sighted plinker target gun again. I only wished it didnt sport the synthetic stock, but Im sure that can be changed. Just picture the same action, heavy barrel, and william sights atop a nice heavy laminated thumbhole stock...all for under 400$. Sounds like a winner to me

·
Registered
223 Posts
Yeah, the synthetic stock was a head scratcher for me to. Why they'd put the cheapest, chinciest stock they offer on a target grade model is beyond me. The Model 40 varmint shares the same platform, and it's laminate stock would be a huge improvement for this rifle. Heck, even the BV stock would be better than the tupperwear.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I ordered my Savage Mark 1 FVT from Bass Pro Shops, picked it up a week later. It has the Williams front globe with about 10 inserts and the rear 1" peep sight with the .050" hole. Comes with lock and sights loose in the box. The cheek rest is way to low so I am looking at a new stock. Accuracy seems to be there shooting clovers at 25 yards. I want to put a scope on to see what it can do at 50 and 100yds.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.