Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
I ended up buying two brand new MK II magazines off eBay, and went to a local shop yesterday looking for anything interesting, they had a ton of lightly used MK II mags for $18.95 each. Got three with the silver eagle base plates so now I have 5 good ones that drop free easily, and I’m selling the older metal base one the gun came with cause it is stiff in the gun.

I bought a hard case for it that had a manual with it for like $2

Very happy.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Here's my Mark I born in July 1951. Was my dad's and will be passed on to my son and then to my grandson. Still a very respectable shooter after xx,000 rounds.
I recall that my mom bought for dad's birthday in 1952. She paid $35 for it - said it took her a while to save up that much. It was the first firearm that I ever fired and, at that early age, I thought it was a cannon!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,845 Posts
It sill makes me sad to see a MK I in a gun shop case. Based on my experience, most of the buying public is
wanting all the latest bells, whistles and tacti cool features in their pistols, so you just know it's going to sit there forever. ( Or at least till an actual shooter comes along.) FWIW, Here is one I rescued in the last months I worked at a local shop after finding out it was built the same 195x year I was born. Gave $200 if I recall correctly. Note the original price marked on the boxed spare mag that came with it. :)

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
It sill makes me sad to see a MK I in a gun shop case. Based on my experience, most of the buying public is
wanting all the latest bells, whistles and tacti cool features in their pistols, so you just know it's going to sit there forever. ( Or at least till an actual shooter comes along.) FWIW, Here is one I rescued in the last months I worked at a local shop after finding out it was built the same 195x year I was born. Gave $200 if I recall correctly. Note the original price marked on the boxed spare mag that came with it. :)

Thats a great deal! I paid $400 for my standard, and it was a "good" deal in my area...

21 - 29 of 29 Posts