Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a magazine problem at the range today. One of my three mags is catching cartridges down inside, and not feeding them up to the top. It did this a few times, and I put it aside. It's had maybe two hundred rounds of traffic through it, so I doubted it was too dirty. Maybe it needs adjustment?

·
Registered
526 Posts
I have read a few posts on RFC about this sort of thing. I have never had one of the mags about even LOL. I have had everything else on the 10/22 right down to the smallest pieces, just never taken the mag apart. May have to give that a try to just see how they work.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Your right dude!!! I have a 22mag clip for a 10/22mag I bought from a guy for 5 bucks at a gun show. I knew there had to be some reason it was that cheap LOL. I don't have a magnum to use it yet anyway, so didn't care. Well after posting above I thought what the heck, it might be why I got this so cheap.

Here is a long spur of plastic that is stuck on one of the flutes of the rotor. heck its about 4" long or more LOL. Certainly not doing anything any good in there. This clip was clean too, not so much as a speck of dirt or carbon from firing shells. Just have to wait to see when I get the magnum to see if it feeds good now.

The guys and the info shared on this site is second to none. Thanks for the curiosity to tear into the mag clip LOL.

·
Registered
20,556 Posts
Chief Says BWAHahha ! the guy you bought the magazine from must have been a rancher " horse pubic hair ' in mag.
Adjust the same as a 22 Lr mag ( magazine service ) when reassembled LOL/
CD

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.