Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Winchester Model 52 that has a 4 digit serial number indicating it was made in the 1930's. It does not have any letter after the model number ... just a "plain" model 52.. It is in very nice condition, but certainly not NIB.. a few dings.. some bluing wear..etc..

It has a peep sight which I think is original for this gun.. I'd like to know the approximate value.. and any other info that may be noteworthy..

Sure appreciate any help..

Al

·
Registered
5,084 Posts
Alan Angelone,
It does not have any letter after the model number ... just a "plain" model 52..
The "letter designation" is a suffix to the serial number, NOT part of the Model number...! ! :eek:

Value is a function of model: M52, M52A, M52B, etc., and of course, "condition"....! ! ;)

With a four digit serial number, it is probably a pre-A model...! ! ;)

'Speedlock' trigger was introduced in 1929...! !

Vintage:
SN 1000 = 1921 [pre-A model]
SN 9999 = 1927 [pre-A model]
M52A = introduced in 1935

More info...? ?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank You for the reply.. I checked the serial number and my gun was made in 1927.. According to the Blue BooK of Gun Values.. Speedlock was introduced in 1929.. Mine is also drilled/tapped and has the scope blocks.. which is consistent with year of manufacture.

I guesstimate mine is a conservative 95% condition which values it around $400... Unless I'm missing somethin ?

BTW.. I'm also in upstate NY... just south of Ithaca..U near my area?

Thanx again!

Al...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.