Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank u for your help that information is really helpful..
One more question it only has 1 magazine I would like to purchase 2 more which ones will work with this firearm, thanking u in advance.

·
Registered
578 Posts
Just for clarification, the "document" lil_Glock posted states serial numbers listed are for the last gun shipped that particular year. I have a Victor SN 2369276, that would make it an early '73.

·
Registered
7,725 Posts
For the exact date of shipping from Hi Std, contact John Stimson. He has shipping data for virtually all Hi Std guns.
As for new magazines, Alan Aronstein at InterarmsTexas manufactures them. Over the last 30 years he has evolved his magazine into the most reliable new magazine that equals those sold by Hi Std in the day. Triple K mags have been a poor choice over the years as they, at least in the past, failed to harden the mag lips. Consequently the lips can loose their tune over usage. This is critical on these particular guns because the gun design places more importance on the magazine lips in these guns than in most other guns. The feed ramp duties are more heavily placed on the lips as the frame/barrel feed ramp is minimal in these guns as compared to most other guns.
If you are new to High Standard Target Guns then be aware that abusing these guns MAY lead to a cracked frame. Only shoot Standard Velocity ammo (box rated at about 1080FPS like CCI Std Vel). For a new to you gun do change out the recoil spring initially before using the gun (only use the OEM 5.5 pound spring that Alan sells) and thereafter every 10 to 15 thousand rounds or when the spring force is reduced by 10%. These recoil springs live in a tight cavity inside the slide and wear away their sides in recoil. These two precaution will minimize the chances of a rare frame crack. These guns do not like to be abused.
Once you get to regularly shooting these guns, you will learn to love them. The triggers are especially good as is the accuracy. Here's to good shooting times!
LDBennett

·
Registered
7,725 Posts
You may want to acquire the Tom Dance book (Amazon) on these guns. While it is said that not everything in the book is correct, it is about the only source that gives a pretty good overview. Also do visit or contact Interarms Texas (Alan Aronstein) for parts and service. Alan has probably 50 years experience with these guns and is the man behind several modern versions including the latest version from OFM. Ask Alan about them if interested. Alan can be very helpful and has new and some used parts for these guns.
LDBennett

·
Registered
2,549 Posts
Looks like 1967. It would be Hamden
View attachment 332021
From the Rimfire Central Web Site Terms and Conditions use statement..

"You may not:
  • From the Use the Web Site to post or transmit any information, software or other material that violates or infringes upon the rights of others, including material that is an invasion of privacy or publicity rights or that is protected by copyright, trademark or other proprietary right, or derivative works with respect thereto, without first obtaining permission from the owner or rights holder. "

The posted chart is copyrighted material which you have used without permission.

Your other mistake of not reading the guidance at the top of the chart has aslready been pointed out.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Just for clarification, the "document" lil_Glock posted states serial numbers listed are for the last gun shipped that particular year. I have a Victor SN 2369276, that would make it an early '73.
That doesn't make sense. Then why the random gaps of approximately 100,000 or so between each year?

"Note the serial number research is a work in process and these numbers are the best estimates as of the revision data of this page. Although it appears that the guns were generally assembled in numerical sequence, the shipments were not and some guns remained in inventory for weeks, months, or even years between assembly and shipment. The only valid way to determine the shipping date is by researching the individual serial number in the factory records."

·
Registered
2,549 Posts
That doesn't make sense. Then why the random gaps of approximately 100,000 or so between each year?

"Note the serial number research is a work in process and these numbers are the best estimates as of the revision data of this page. Although it appears that the guns were generally assembled in numerical sequence, the shipments were not and some guns remained in inventory for weeks, months, or even years between assembly and shipment. The only valid way to determine the shipping date is by researching the individual serial number in the factory records."
The serial numbers listed on my chart are the highest serial number for each year . The difference between the highest number and the highest number for the previous year is the approximate number shipped for the year. For the years 1932 through 1973, only 9 years had quantities greater than 100,000. Note that during that time span there were pistols, Police style revolvers, western style revolvers and derringers all using hte same serial numbe group. But for a few years there were separate serial number groups for the G.380, the Model C, a few Models A & D, and the early police style revolvers.

·
Registered
2,549 Posts
Thank u sir, I just bought another one could not resist its a sports king chrome barrel serial number is E44530 approximately when was this one made?
The finish is electro nickel plate. "E" is not a valid character in the serial number. It has 6 digits, the only acceptable first character is 7, 8, or 9. if the finish is factory original.

·
Registered
182 Posts
From the Rimfire Central Web Site Terms and Conditions use statement..

"You may not:
  • From the Use the Web Site to post or transmit any information, software or other material that violates or infringes upon the rights of others, including material that is an invasion of privacy or publicity rights or that is protected by copyright, trademark or other proprietary right, or derivative works with respect thereto, without first obtaining permission from the owner or rights holder. "

The posted chart is copyrighted material which you have used without permission.

Your other mistake of not reading the guidance at the top of the chart has aslready been pointed out.
Apox upon me sir. I clearly have a reading impediment. I have removed the copyrighted ©️ likeness..

Thanks for the info on your website. It has been enlightening. Would probably be even better if I didn't have this reading impediment.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts