Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking at the Lux model for $189 from JG but I got the bug for either of the other models. Does anyone here have any opinion in regards to the heavy barrelled 452 in comparison to the already superb American? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Special

The Special, with beech stock sells for 189.00 ( usually ) the Lux, which has a walnut stock, can be had for around a hundred bucks more. The metal on both guns are the same, only thing different is the wood.

Jerry

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Handled both of them today. I'm going with the American style. Just don't know if I should go with the beautiful wood or the dead plastic. What did you guys go with?

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
I wanted the american but my dealer couldn't get one so I chose the varmint and i must say I love it. Just shot my first practice target with it the other day and it scored a 224 at 25yd. I think I started to get excited when I saw it grazing so many of those bulls eyes. There is just something I like about those cz's. what ever you get I'm sure you'll be happy to own a cz.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The silhoute is an american in blue with a synthetic stock. The style is the same except for the nickel finish. My dealer has them here for $350.

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
jetrecbn1 said:
The silhoute is an american in blue with a synthetic stock. The style is the same except for the nickel finish. My dealer has them here for $350.
The Silhouette is NOT an American in a synthetic stock. The American uses 2 action screws and the Silhouette uses 1 action screw and 1 barrel lug screw. The Silhouette is more like a blued Style, which is the nickel plated version. I have both the American and the Varmint. The American is lighter and longer, but both are very accurate. If you can only get one, I might lean slightly towards the American.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.