Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
528 Posts
Ive tossed my 10/22T around, its slide doen a rocky mount slope knocked of my truck. dropped in the mud. drug threw the brush. layed in the snow. almost anything you name it.

the only thing Ive ever done is run bore snake through it every so often and re zero the scope cause it never holds under tha abuse.

Im getn a GM barrel 16.5" flutted blued barrel. this barrel will see the same abuse. not intenaly but I know it will see it.

·
Registered
528 Posts
I did the break in process with a hundred rounds, cleaneing between every 10rds.

after that id shoot 20 or so then clean, did that few times then got lazy, cleanerd after 3-4 mags had been through it.

even with my lazy cleaning it chamberd and extracted the spents rounds just as well or better than the 10/22T barrel.

it stove piped ounce and failed to feed a round a few times cause the mag wasnt letn em feed up high enough.

good luck with your decision

Im going plinking

Evan

·
Registered
528 Posts
Im so glad i stayed away from the houge and butler creek barrels, theres a couple sporting goods stores in the area with them in stock, everytime i saw them I had to fight the urge to get one. this gm fluted is just more my style.

Im am amazed at how much better this barrel shoots and cycles ammo compared to the ruger barrel, i think my only jams are cause of sticky mags.

I shot quite a few ground squrels today, 10-90yds, the 90yd shots amazed me, with the standing squrel I hel on there head, hit em in the chest and they didnt move. I wonder if velocty is up enough to shoot that much flatter. and thats with cheap american eagle ammo, made by federal. it wasnt just a couple 80-90 yard shots, where talkn a town with 20 pigs standing, no less then 8 on the ground when I was done

I am amazed.

Evan

·
Registered
528 Posts
ive always heard rimfire scopes or have the paralax readjusted. but to tell you the truth ive never looked through a scope that was desinged for rimfires and I dont plan to. every scope Ive had on my 10/22 I could comfortably take and put on my centerfires. maybe I could see an improvement to ??

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.