Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
good day everyone. i am new to this forum but have been lurking for a while now.

i am from the philippines and believe me, ruger 10/22 carbines here are also famous. the only problem is we have very few aftermarket parts available to transform one's rifle to an ultimate.

been working on my project K10/22RB for a while now. already have a hogue OM stock. my problem is the barrel, we have 2 available barrels only: the not so popular butler creek-"carbon fiber" and lothar walther.

my question, is lothar walther really accurate? a store here distributes it. these barrels are not blanks but made by lothar itself. it cost about $285 (converted from our peso currency). is it worth it? i am willing to spend more just to have my own ultimate. green mountain is out, not available here.

please share your experiences. thanks in advance :)

·
Registered
8,352 Posts
good barrel!!!!

:Welcome: Lothar Walther makes some of the best barrels in the world. At least two custom shops here in the states use there blanks CLARK which is what I own and VQ which is considered to be the best by many. My Clark shoots several brands of ammo into sub .5" range at 50 yards CCI velocitor, Wolf target, Remington subsonic HP, and Fedaral automatch bulk to name a few. In short buy the Lothar you wont be sorry. Keep :snipersmi

·
Registered
686 Posts
I have a 17 inch Lothar Walther match barrel from Clark custom guns. I'm very happy with mine. Clark imports the barrel blanks from Lothar Walther and does their own proprietary chamber reaming and their crown work. I don't know what style chamber Lothar Walther does to their 22 LR barrels. But if the chamber dimensions are reasonable than it should be a real good shooter. Many of us use the "Bentz" style chamber in our 10/22 here in the states.

Some here say the Volquartsen barrels come from Lothar Walther. These barrels shoot well from what I have seen.

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
Mojojojo,
First of all, welcome to the forum. :t
There is no place in the world better than Rimfirecentral for 10-22 information.
If I were in your shoes, I would go with the Lothar Walthar barrel. I've heard too many bad tales about the Butler Creek carbon fiber barrel shooting badly.
Good luck with your 10-22 adventure.
Keep posting as questions arise.
Don

·
Registered
2,962 Posts
Well

My Walther Barrel is on my Sako , and the last group I shot ran about .120 inch , with little effort on my part [ was testing the torque settings for the action screws ] .....

Hard to go wrong with a Walther Barrel ...

Want accuracy , then you need to worry about everything but the Walther component ...

Matt

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
To: Nemohunter, Smoky, dbuckbee, MattK, and 452 shooter

Thank you for the welcome and all your replies :)

I made up my mind, will be ordering the lothar walther barrel today. hope to get it by tomorrow. :D

Thanks again!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.