Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

Lothar Walter vs VQ weighted muzzle

659 Views 21 Replies 6 Participants Last post by  wmrimfire,22
Anyone have personal experience with the muzzle-weighted (running boar) Lothar Walter and VQ barrels?

Price is about the same, how's the finish and accuracy?
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

· Registered
836 Posts
Passinby said:
Anyone have personal experience with the muzzle-weighted (running boar) Lothar Walter and VQ barrels?

Price is about the same, how's the finish and accuracy?
Passinby,

No experience as of yet BUT I'm currently working on another 10-22 project that'll have one of these muzzle-weighted versions for variety purposes. In addition I wonder if they shoot better than the typical .920 barrels out there.
For econony purposes I want to try a the GM brand as it's barrel is much longer.

Anyone out their I want to know you personal experiences also. Can you show targets?

wmrimfire,22

· Registered
1,339 Posts
I contacted VQ about thier muzzle weight barrel and received this reply - my question was:

How does the accuracy of this muzzleweighted barrel compare to your bull barrels and tension barrels?

VQ -"It is very comparable to both the heavy barrels and the carbon fiber tension barrels. We will guarantee 3/8" or better @ 50yds using match ammo."

Where can one buy the Lothar Walther barrels?

· Registered
481 Posts
452 shooter said:
I contacted VQ about thier muzzle weight barrel and received this reply - my question was:

How does the accuracy of this muzzleweighted barrel compare to your bull barrels and tension barrels?

VQ -"It is very comparable to both the heavy barrels and the carbon fiber tension barrels. We will guarantee 3/8" or better @ 50yds using match ammo."

Where can one buy the Lothar Walther barrels?
Link to buy

· Registered
1,339 Posts
LuckyDuc - Thanks for the link! I think I am going to get one of the muzzleweight barrels - just have to decide between blued or stainless. It is going in a walnut stock 10/22 Deluxe. I am just wondering if the 16" barrel will look too short?

Hey mac - yes , get your barrel in 22lr! I also want to hear how it shoots!

· Registered
6,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
452 shooter said:

That's better than I can shoot and I like the finishing and the slightly longer weighted portion of the VQ. Besides, it's about $30 cheaper if I buy from Rimfire Sports. I'm thinking I'm going to lean that way.

Thanks, everybody
:)

· Registered
836 Posts
Passinby said:
452 shooter said:

That's better than I can shoot and I like the finishing and the slightly longer weighted portion of the VQ. Besides, it's about $30 cheaper if I buy from Rimfire Sports. I'm thinking I'm going to lean that way.

Thanks, everybody
:)
Passinby,

Have you also considered a GM version? It's barrel is much longer compared to the VQ's.

wmrimfire,22

· Registered
481 Posts
wmrimfire said:
Lucky Duc,

What type/brand of red dot yu have?

wmrimfire,22
Since it was my first red dot ever... I wasn't sure if I would like using it, so I bought the $30 BSA from Wally world.

I like it and I really have fun shooting it. It works quite well for rabbit and squirrel hunting. I bought another one for my Mk II bullseye pistol and just shot my first 287 with it last week.

· Registered
836 Posts
LuckyDuc said:
Since it was my first red dot ever... I wasn't sure if I would like using it, so I bought the $30 BSA from Wally world.

I like it and I really have fun shooting it. It works quite well for rabbit and squirrel hunting. I bought another one for my Mk II bullseye pistol and just shot my first 287 with it last week.
LuckyDuc,

I too was thinking about trying one of those "red dots". Didn't want to get involved into allot of money until I saw in the Midway catalog a Tasco version that fit the bill good. Perhaps later on I'll get one to try out. Thanks again.

wmrimfire,22

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.