Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When installing my new hammer and auto bolt release I managed to lose the Safety Detent Plunger.

Here are my questions:

What exactly does it do?

and

Does it negatively effect the function of the rifle when the safety is not engaged?

Thanks,

Paul

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
HA! i did the same exact thing. i took out the safety when cleaning the gun one time. the spring and plunger both rocketed across the room. i managed to find the spring right then. i ordered a new plunger from stafford sales, but i found my plunger the next day.

without the plunger the safety can not function properly. it just falls out of the rifle when on hot.

i still have the one ordered from stafford (part #B53). i think it cost me like $3. if you PM me with your address ill send it to you for free. arent i a nice guy? :D

*a tip* after i posted that i lost mine, a bunch of people mentioned that when removing springs that are under stress, such as on the safety and extractor, it is good to put the parts and you hands in a 1 gallon Zip-Lock bag. :t

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
RX7-2nr

Thanks for the offer and the tip about the bag. I will check around to see if I can find it later this evening (...it couldn't have gotten that far) before I pm you and deprive you of your spare.

Paul.

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
HA! Couldn't have gone far..........

Dude, when I launched mine, I got a call from NASA an hour later and the Fed's were crawlin' around the house *****i'n about about an unidentified satellite. Good luck!

hfly

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.