Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There was a thread from someone asking about a MK II Carbine. I can't find it now.
Anyway I thought this may give him another way to go.

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
I was wondering the same thing. I had posted a reply and finally found the picture of that carbine Ruger that another person had constructed. Apparently Yzguy had the sense to copy the picture when I didn't. Here's the image.

I can't remember who had this built but he said Volquartsen did it. He also mentioned that it cost a small fortune. I have not seen this gun in person so it may not really exist, but if it did this is how it would have to look to meet BATFE regulations.

R,
Bullseye

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Base Plate

That would be a NO No. No attached conection, Screws, clips, ect. If it were attached to the Mag and the mag is attached via a clip , then you are not legal.
The Aimbrace in MY picture is legal 'cause if is not attached except by holding it with ones hand.

·
Premium Member
2,173 Posts
To be honest, it's the oddest occurence I have ever seen. So much so that I PM'd Support about it.

It is a thread that was somehow started by an unregistered user. That isn't supposed to happen. I found it by doing a search in this forum on the word "carbine". It came up in the list of threads, and showed up when I clicked on it. I was also able to link to it, obviously, but nowhere in the thread list does it show up :eek: :confused: I don't know where it is, it is but it isn't. If a tree falls in the woods............

(Twilight Zone music playing in the background ;) )

·
36,633 Posts
I think another way to put a stock on it (legally of course) would be to use the places the attach and just have the grips be the forward partocf a large thumb nole style rear stock. You may or may not have to remove the stock to get at the maninspring in the back of the grip.

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Not sure I follow ya.

I think I know what you are thinking. No stock may be attached in any perment way, via screw, clip, tape, ect..
Once you let go it must fall away.
The Aimbrace is very good after you get use to it. I think I can hold it as well as a regular long gun.
Blast all the FEDS! They could screw up a ball berring with a rubber mallett.

·
Registered
5,085 Posts
I like the image Bullseye57 posted. It looks perfectly legal to me, since it's OK to make a rifle out of a pistol - as long as the barrel's at least 16" long, and the OAL is also at least 26 1/2".

It reminds me of the custom sniper rifle in the first "Day of the Jackal" movie.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Looks like the stock has a slit on the side to allow the bolt to cycle.

Funny, I had previously stumbled on both of the pictures and have them saved. I also found one with a stock made from small tubing. Must be time to start building a stock for my own Mark II.:D

·
Registered
48 Posts
Tap said:
For a brace call Mark White at SoundTech.

http://www.soundtechsilencers.com/
I've tried calling..to purchase a MIII brace or temp stock...Do you know what he is getting for them??....Are there different styles??..Or since this thread has started..does anyone know of a better place to purchase a brace/stock that will accomodate my 16.5" Intergrel can'd Mark III..it's already Title3...would like to mount one of my IOR scopes on it & see how well it can puch paper...:)
Thanks for any info..
Stay Safer!

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
AimBrace

I think he was asking $60.oo, but that was a while back. Mine is well made and very quick to mount up. I can carry it in a flashlite ring on my belt, and
forget it is there.
After a bit of pratice it is just as steady as a rifle. Since that pic was taken I have transformed it a bit further. Better grips, mag release, improved guts.
The barrel is 9" and suppressed ( SoundTech also ) , the accuracy is better than my 41.
This rig is more fun than most other of my guns, I always get lots of ??? at the range, and love out shooting most of the longuns.
Since I built this , T.S. has made it much easier, with their stuff.
Have fun!!!!
Tap

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.