Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been shooting for just a year or so, mostly 22WMR,.22LR and Short. I've shot several of the Walmart 550 round Value Pack 'Federal' 36gr. HP at 1280 fps, load #750 which seem to shoot good. Today I got the 550 round 36gr. Golden Bullet 'Remington' Value Pack, . I havn't shot these yet but I noticed all the bullets are bit loose in the case. Loose enuf to where the bullet can be easily turned inside of its case. The Federal bullets are securely crimmped in their cases. Is this normal or to be expected?
Thanks

·
Registered
43 Posts
I haven't had any luck with remington either. It seems to shoot very dirty and the bullets themselves are dirtier when your loading them, they get your hands nasty. I like the federals alot better, cycle better in MY gun and clean up is much easier. My 2 cents. LCH

·
Registered
196 Posts
It's certainly normal for the bullets you speak of.. But in general, it's *NOT* normal. ;)

I used to shoot these all the time in my RUger 22/45 pistol.. I'd estimate 4,000rds or so.. The pistol never malfunctioned with them.. I had quite a few duds in all the bricks though.. And they were wildly inconsistant... One would be a *POW!* and the next would be a *bleh* lol..

I switched to the Federal 550rd value pack and they are much more consistant, and they all for the most part sound the same. :t

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.