Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
2,923 Posts
I've bought one from Whittaker's in Owensboro, KY and one from Shooter's Gun Shop in Cape Girardeau, MO and I would recommend both for price and good folks to deal with.

· Registered
25 Posts
I'll second Whittakers. (www.whittakerguns.com) He has good prices and they are reputable. I get in there fairly often and he always has a good selection. He claims he sells over 600 Coopers a year, which is about a quarter of Cooper's production if what I;ve read is correct. (about 200 rifles a month get turned out from Cooper) Having said all this, I;ll tell ya that the 2 Coopers I;ve bought have come from EtownGun, which is in Etown Ky. They usually have Coopers advertised on GunsAmerica.com. They are about 50 miles from me, and rifles can be had for less than what they advertise on GA.com

· Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Lvt Serch

Thanks to all for the quick response. I may go all out with this one, maybe higher grade wood and the steel butt-plate.
Are the stock triggers any good, can they be brought down to OZs?

Tanks,
JLW

· Registered
4,258 Posts
Yes, they can.

My stock LVT trigger is down to 16 oz, one pound is about what I like for hunting use. All my current Sporter-type field guns are set 16-20 oz or so right now.

Supposedly the Cooper can go down to about 8 oz without issues. Lower than that is not recommended by Cooper I think. ;)

· Banned
4,250 Posts
My Cooper 57LVT is set on 10oz. I myself wouldn't go under that. And to me it is plenty safe for what I do with the gun which is target shooting only. The guy that did my trigger showed me how hard you had to slam the butt stock to the floor to make it go off. For hunting purposes, I would say you can take them down to 1lb. and still be plenty safe. I myself think that mine would be safe for hunting unless you dropped it real hard. Any gun trigger can go off if you drop the gun. But a lighter trigger will go off a lot easier. If I ever decide to hunt with it, I will only carry it with a empty chamber until I get ready to shoot.

Brad

· Banned
4,250 Posts
steinie said:
Yes, they can.

My stock LVT trigger is down to 16 oz, one pound is about what I like for hunting use. All my current Sporter-type field guns are set 16-20 oz or so right now.

Supposedly the Cooper can go down to about 8 oz without issues. Lower than that is not recommended by Cooper I think. ;)
I would say that is about right. You probably can go down to 8oz. But if I was to do so, it would be for target shooting only. Or if you choose to hunt with it, don't chamber a round until you are ready to shoot.

Brad

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.