Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

Looking for a Taurus 62 or 63?

1073 5
Chk out this link. They have some of these rifles left.

http://www.thegunsource.com/store/SearchResults.aspx?SS=taurus+62
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Taurus model 63

Zanders has a lot of 63s still in stock if you can get a dealer to order one. They are on closeout at $179. I ordered one and received it a couple of weeks ago. I have already sold it. It was the most inacurate .22 I've ever owned and had many fail to eject. Some ammo would not hit a 8 1/2X11 target at 25 yds. I have read a lot of good reviews about them so maybe I just got a bad one. I am now waiting for a Thompson Classic to be delivered. Maybe I will have better luck there.

·
Premium Member
58,007 Posts
There is a Taurus 63 Stainless listed in the classifieds as well as a Rossi Pump, neither has been unreliable with good ammunition, some folks just get lucky I guess. The 63 will jam badly with Win. Xpert and will not function with subsonic ammunition, both are commonly not reliable in semiautos.

Gerald

PS-Well the Rossi Pump has found a new home.:bthumb:

·
Registered
3,878 Posts
Rossi Pumps

I have had two Rossi model 62 pumps, both have been very reliable and quite accurate. I had a Taurus 63 and sold it after some time...it was fairly accurate but had lots of FTFs and FTEs regardless of the ammunition used.

Kix

·
Premium Member
58,007 Posts
I can only speak to my own experiences but plated HV ammo and Fed.510 run like a top in mine, my ad may be coming down soon as the rifle is within $10 of its reserve price right now on Gunbroker. The price here has been lowered to reflect that on Gunbroker also. Thanks. Ad removed reserve met.

Gerald

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.