Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am currently running a Bushnell Sportsman series scope on my 10/22. 3x9x40. Wally-mart dealie, nothing special. This "got me by" until I noticed what a dramatic difference there was with my scope compared to my friends simmons Aetec. No comparison. Bright, clean, so sweet. I find myself cranked all the way up to max zoom nearly all the time too. I'm lookin' for something that will creep up on 12-14x and have a decent field of view. My primary question is... WHAT DO YOU GUYS RUN ON YOUR 10/22'S? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!! Thanks!!!

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
On my tricked HB I use a 4.5x14A.O. Leupold for the reliability and the AO adjust down to 25yds for parallax.....for squirell I can dial down to the 4.5 and for sitting longer shots and paper and fun shooting can go back to the 14x........works well for all around use for my shooting....good luck and good shooting!!

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
If you really want bright & clear on a budget, look at Simmons' WTC18 - 6.5-20X50........... By far, the brightest, clearest scope you will find for $100. Only drawbacks are the size - it is BIG with a 50mm obj - & the rather coarse duplex reticle. But it is super bright & clear - you can easily read a newspaper @ 25 yards.

·
Registered
909 Posts
I have had good results with the higher priced ($150-$200--SWFA) Bushnells. I also have a Weaver that cost about the same and is very bright.

The brightest scope I have is a 4x14x50 Bushnell Scopechief. Bigger objectives make a huge difference in brightness.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.