Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a little project on my hands. My buddy dropped off his 10/22 with me last night because he wants me to do a little work to it. He hinted that he really like one of my 10/22's and wish his looked like it. He's got a archangel (YUCK!) on it and a stainless long barrel with a sharp flash hider. Kinda hideous looking setup.
I feel indebted to this guy because a while back I showed interest in a new in box RIA 1911 .45 he had. More or less he got it real cheap because someone he knew needed $$....So have heGAVE it to me. Now granted i've welded stuff for him, loaned him tools and gave him parts to get him out of a bind while building his car....but i feel like he's way ahead of me.....

SO I decided I want to freshen up and customize his 10/22 for him. I'm looking for a cheap stock...just something plain like a synthetic or hogue stock. where's the cheapest place I can find either or....OR if any of you guys have an old stock laying around and will part with it, let me know. I'd be glad to post pics of the build. I could also use a stock barrel too...I make them into a snazzy looking carbon sleeved barrel. I hate to cut up the stainless barrel he has.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks! I just went to order it and all they accept is a credit card. I feel much safer using pay pal. I did just find a hogue on ebay and ordered that but I'd buy another factory synthetic or similar for a good deal. I may end up buying one from that link if no one on here offers something in the next few days. Can't hurt to have an extra, especially since I can 3d print receivers....I've takin a liking to building these things.

·
Premium Member
35,769 Posts
too bad CWP stopped doing Rugers laminates for them...they used to put the blems up for sale for ~$20 every once in awhile
:yeahthat:

This is a Cousineau Wood Products blem. Structurally it is fine. It just has a few light streaks in the finish. For $20'ish it was a great deal.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Heck yea. Another good deal. I did order one from the link above. I'm considering going buy a whole new gun from academy. It would be cheaper than piecing one together. The 3d printed receiver is cool to play with but I wouldn't 100% rely on it like I would a metal receiver. By the time I buy a trigger, receiver, bolt and a barrel, I could have bought a whole gun. I'm still needing a barrel or two tho.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I'm glad you found a stock. For anyone else, it looks like Feddersen has Ruger 10/22 wood carbine stocks for $29.99. I am considering purchasing one of the stocks to refinish for fun. -tom

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I'm glad you found a stock. For anyone else, it looks like Feddersen has Ruger 10/22 wood carbine stocks for $29.99. I am considering purchasing one of the stocks to refinish for fun. -tom
I went on their site and they have take off barrels....I almost bough one but felt like shipping for $22 was too steep. Then I went to academys website and noticed they had a synthetic stock carbine in stock....So I just bought it online and i'll pick it up at lunch....these rifles are addictive!

·
Registered
100 Posts
I didn't know shipping was so much for the stock. Glad you found one.

I agree, building and modifying 10/22s is addicting. I just finished one and am already looking for a new project. I am using my 2 sons as an excuse.

·
Registered
53 Posts
yea, shipping would kill alot of good deals, plus adding a barrel band is $10; if u really want cheap u need to hunt around alot. currently replacing a youth stock on one of my 10/22's w/full size. would like to get an 18" bbl also, but again that shipping.

does anybody know who has take-off 20" bbls? saw some years ago & still kick myself for not getting a few.

ETA-Mid South shooters had Houge's for $61-67.00 which is cheaper for a new stock than a used Houge on ebay

·
Registered
10 Posts
Sorry I'm late to the party. I bought a new 10/22 with synthetic stock about 2 months ago. I immediately tore it down and installed an M-1 carbine tribute stock. I have no need for the synthetic stock. If you could use it, let me know.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Sorry I'm late to the party. I bought a new 10/22 with synthetic stock about 2 months ago. I immediately tore it down and installed an M-1 carbine tribute stock. I have no need for the synthetic stock. If you could use it, let me know.
I can never have too many stock....I can 3d print receivers and my 12 year old needs his first .22...so I need to get busy on that....what you want for it?

·
Premium Member
6,938 Posts
Are you freshening up his 10/22 or building him a new one? Either way a Hogue stock, VQ Target Hammer and extractor, auto bolt release, and a polymer buffer go a long way in improving a 10/22. And depending on the stock you can do the rest for about $60 (even less if you make the buffer and do the bolt release mod yourself).

·
Registered
10 Posts
I can never have too many stock....I can 3d print receivers and my 12 year old needs his first .22...so I need to get busy on that....what you want for it?
I replied to your PM.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.