Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I am looking for a affordable 22 auto pistol. I mainly shoot rifles, and I want a pistol that I could plink with. After looking around, i narrowed it down to a few choices:

1. Ruger MKII
2. Ruger 22/45
3. Beretta U22 Neos
4. Browning Buck Mark
5. Walther P22

The Rugers look very good, i am leaning towards getting the 22/45, but i want to be able to mount a red dot sight on it, not sure if i can.

Any opionins or comments would be very helpful!

Thanks

·
Registered
114 Posts
I have a Buckmark Plus in fact just got back from the range where I shot 300 rnds. It is dependable, fairly easy to clean, easy to get parts for. I don't have any other pistol to compare it to, I'm real happy with it if that helps, good luck.......DP

·
Registered
112 Posts
I've got a Browning Buckmark Camper that I got for $169 on sale. I haven't really shot it all that much, but my wife likes it. Last week, on a whim, I ordered a Weigand scope mount for it (two screws, no smithing required) and put on an old Optima 2000 red dot I forgot I had. For a total investment of less than $350, this gun shoots like you wouldn't believe. From 15 yards, rested, with Wolf Match Target, I was ripping out the X ring all afternoon long.

I would say go for the Browning or one of the Rugers. The other two, I wouldn't touch with a ten foot pole.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Buckmark

Top is my S&W mod 617 K22 Masterpiece with 83/8" bbl
Bottom is Buckmark target with 5" bbl.
My vote goes to Buckmark, it is more accurate and better sights than S&W.
S&W will swallow just about any ammo, while Buckmark likes hotter/faster ammo to cycle the slide without a hitch.

Dan

·
Registered
400 Posts
I love my Ruger Mk II.

It is accurate and digests almost any ammo without a hitch. Plus it just feels great in my hand. I bought a Wiegand base (no drilling/tapping) and have a 2 x 20 handgun scope on it. Think I'm going to switch to a red dot.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Browning or Ruger?

Both look like very nice guns. What are the pros and cons of each (22/45, Buckmark) This pistol is mainly going to be used for plinking, so I am probally going to need to be able to mount a red dot sight. What is the going price of the 22/45, and the Buckmark 5.5 field?
Almost forgot, how bad are the triggers on each of the guns?
Thanks

·
Registered
348 Posts
Browning or Ruger? Both great pistols. Hard decision huh? I had to make the same decision 20 years ago. I went with the MkII. I have probally shot a million rounds tru it. It is still my most favorite .22 to shoot.

·
Registered
909 Posts
If you're already familiar with how to take down and clean guns, get the Buck Mark. Much nicer in the hand and a snap to mount a sight on.

Mind you, it has tiny parts inside and you have to replace the buffer and recoil spring occaisionally.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.