Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Banned
2,670 Posts
they'll never shoot up that much .22lr in thier life time!! that is kinda over kill. i keep alot of match grade .22lr but not that much. now centerfire i can get along with massive amounts. there is always a need for it now and in the future.

·
Registered
84 Posts
look at the pic I dont think there is that much
look how the second row in has the boxs about an inch higher like they are siting on some type of box

ETA I think there is only 78 boxs that still is a lot of bulk ammo

·
37,283 Posts
they'll never shoot up that much .22lr in thier life time!! that is kinda over kill. i keep alot of match grade .22lr but not that much. now centerfire i can get along with massive amounts. there is always a need for it now and in the future.
Not so. I have ONE 10/22 that has more ammo through it than that and after a rebuild is now going strong again.

·
Registered
10,972 Posts
Pray there isn't a fire....Plus I bet someone knows the WalMart sporting goods section people pretty well at this point.
ammo just pops in a fire no explosion or big burst of fire or bullets flying everywhere. Just a loud pop.

·
37,283 Posts
You kind sir must have thumbs of iron to have loaded that many mags.:t
The was over a 28 year period. It is a 1976 10/22 Carbine. If you average it out it is only a bit over a half a brick a month. The amazing thing is I REALLY only had to fix two things. Extractor and I replaced and pinned the firing pin. Oh and I changed out the springs about 10 years ago and again recently. Not bad huh?

·
X-Mod
19,547 Posts
That's my favorite plinking ammo!

Works great in my Ruger MKII's. :t

look how the second row in has the boxs about an inch higher like they are siting on some type of box

I didn't notice that until I read your post, :eek: good thing that I'm not a detective. :D

·
Premium Member
37,527 Posts

I might concur with your deduction Holmes.:cool: :D

·
Registered
465 Posts
This ammo works very well in my Ruger Mark II's and Mark III's. Reliable, clean and sufficiently accurate for informal target shooting at the ranges I shoot. I don't have that much, but I have enough for a while. I have other ammo for my rifle shooting.

If Obama is elected, we will soon all wish that we had a lot more of it. Even if McCain is elected, I think that the antis will push through some legislation onto which they'll tack some restrictions on ammo purchases and direct shipping. Even they know that guns are paperweights without ammo. At the very least we can count on significant price increases. We may soon look back on these as some of the Good Old Days.

Vote Republican!

·
Premium Member
30,682 Posts
Even if it is 168 boxes, a person can go through that much ammo fairly quick if they shoot a lot. If you figure that you shoot a brick every time you go shooting, and you shoot only once a week, that pile will only last 3.23 years. I have around 80,000 rounds through a Browning Challenger and most of it is bulk ammo. It has been flawless in functioning, except for one broken disconnecter spring. The gun was well used when I bought it, so no telling how many rounds have been through it.
At $12 per box, you are looking at $2016 worth of ammo.
Another way to look at it is through a M-16, 22 conversion kit. If we figure that the gun cycles at 1000 rounds per minute, then we are looking at only 92.4 minutes of trigger time. So to put it in perspective it is just over 1-1/2 hours of enjoyment:D. I'll bet your fingers will be sore from loading mags.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.