Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

Longest barrels

587 9
I'm looking for a really long, 26-32" barrel for my 10/22, any ideas on where to get one?
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
959 Posts
I have never seen one as a regular item...any? of the custom gunsmiths can chamber and fit one for you......it's cost will be much!!!!higher than the standard length barrels and unless you are going to use iron sights the longer length won't provide any advantage for accuracy and will be much slower in shell velocity than more normal length barrels......BUT if that is what you want and don't mind the increased cost and weight ....go for it......Clark Custom Guns offers 21.5 and shorter but might fix the longer barrel for you and they use Walther barrel blanks and they shoot well....good luck and good shooting!!!

·
Registered
3,642 Posts
Buy A Used Bolt Action Target Rifle

waltonshooter,

Just buy a used bolt action target rifle with a 26" to 28" barrel; it will do the job, and with the money you save, you can buy a nice scope for it...! ! :D

·
Registered
98 Posts
Another option is to order a 25" Douglass blank from CPC and let them finish it. It should finish out to around 24". It is going ot be somewhat heavy, but it looks great. I have a buddy with this setup and a Hogue overmold and it shoots great. That long barrel sure gives it a serious look.

·
Registered
16,533 Posts
corpis,
A longer barrel does make a difference in the noise level, especially with sub-sonic ammo. Most ammos powder charge is spent at about 17" length, the bullet "coasts" the rest of the way down the barrel.
I have a 26" barrel on my Stevens and it is noticably quieter than the 20" on my Ruger. JL

·
Registered
50 Posts
is 27" long enough?

I saw this on Midway USA: http://www.midwayusa.com/rewriteaproduct/191350

On a sidebar, I got to shoot my work in progress with Wolf Match Target. I read several posts that said it was that much better and scoffed silently. WOW! I went from RWS target at 1/2" groups (10rds per group) to groups a dime could hide! It actually seemed too easy to shoot a hole out with the first fewand not see the rest of the rounds hit except for eating away at the edges. :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.