Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, mod squad!

I guess I never tried to post in this forum since the forum changeover. I have "insufficient privileges to reply" there. I do hope it is an oversight or glitch.

If so, can one of you fine folks give me a set of keys, please?

·
Administrator
1,324 Posts
Hello, mod squad!

I guess I never tried to post in this forum since the forum changeover. I have "insufficient privileges to reply" there. I do hope it is an oversight or glitch.

If so, can one of you fine folks give me a set of keys, please?
Are you still having trouble?
-Philip

·
Registered
83 Posts
I agree something is amiss with the 22 WMR subforum. I don't absolutely need to post there but I couldn't if I wanted to. "Insufficient privilege" 😢

·
Super Moderator
5,641 Posts
Hey guys, not a big mystery. The caliber specific forums were supposed to be for ammunition discussions but tended instead to attract firearm specific posts that really belong in manufacturer's sections. Flysalot and DrGunner and PWNolan have been working on moving threads out of there to more appropriate locations.

So, we're all locked out until things get moved to their new home. However if you have a new post about a .22 WMR rifle, feel free to post it in the manufacturer area for that rifle. We need a little sign on those locked threads that says, "CONSTRUCTION IN PROGRESS, PLEASE EXCUSE OUR MESS" 🤠

Frank

·
RFC Consigliere & Concierge
12,647 Posts
Those "Caliber specific" gun forums are locked for a reason. They had become nothing but a repository for people posting in the wrong areas, 90% of what was there was relevant to areas we already had.
VS is in the process of moving those threads to their appropriate areas and to Open Rimfire, after which they will be going away. The board is subdivided enough as it is. Best advice I can give is for folks to post topics that don't have a home anywhere else into the all inclusive Open Rimfire forum.

DrG

1 - 14 of 14 Posts