Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20,556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,
I'm in the process of buying one of these puppies and am looking for some info on them. They are along the line of a Lyman or Unertal target scope and from what I've heard they are a very good scope with high quality optics (for the time) I'm just looking for a history lesson. Any info will be appreciated. Thanks JL

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
I have a couple of references to Litschert scopes.

R.A. Litschert was from Winchester, IN. There was a Targeteer line of scopes introduced in 1947, they were similar to the Lyman Targetspot. The Spotshot line was introduced in 1948. Evidently several models (with objective diameters from 7/8" to 1 1/4") were available up to 24 power. He also made attachments to increase the power of scopes.

They were known as high quality scopes of that time period. This information is from the original 1950 Samworth printing of "Hunting with the Twenty-Two" by C.S. Landis.

·
Registered
20,556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks JB,
This'n is a Spotshot 20X and is in excellent condition. I have a Lyman Targetspot 8X on my old Stevens 416 and that 8X just didn't cut it at 50yds. Should help my shooting........then again???

JL

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.